cowboy bill

Source For Heavy Harness Leather

i live in southwest missouri. looking got bst source for top quality heavy harness leather, just the plain russet color like is used to make the good reins. i want to make single ply hadstalls 10-12 oz . tandy doesn't even carry any and springfield leather had nothin usable. i guess i'm lookin for the souce that saddle makers use. i assume i need to look for the distributor that handles herman oak and will fool with the little guy and send me what i need. ????? thanks BILL

Here you go: Wickett & Craig They have 3 grades of harness. I've never used it, but if it's anything like thier carving leather, it's sweet.

You can try http://wickett-craig.com

They are a tannery in Penn. you can buy as little as ONE side at a time.

They carry all types of GOOD GRADE LEATHER.

Edited by craftsman827

I got some from here http://aleatherd.com/[ just another Idea.there prices are a little lower than many of the others. You don't have to get 5 hide min. Rob

Edited by r lenna

I have always used Weaver Leather Supply, Just be picky when ordering and let them know exactly what you want, how thick, how long, even thickness, ect.

I have always used Weaver Leather Supply, Just be picky when ordering and let them know exactly what you want, how thick, how long, even thickness, ect.

I started using Weaver last year and haven't had an issue, but i've only placed one order thus far. The only gripe I have about Weaver is their minimum order requirements, which means I have to wait until a get a sizable order together before I can actually place an order. I really like their "odd lots" as there are some really good deals, I picked up some salmon/ pink 9-10oz bridle that's worked out very nicely.

W&C will sell you as little as a side.

Well, if you're ordering a side of harness leather you won't have to worry about meeting the minimum! I get the Hermann Oak harness from them for building pack saddles. they have a cutting service which saves me a ton of time. I usually get backs which saves on waste. Chris