ShortBBL

Plastic Type Template Makers?

I use a few holster patterns over and over and they get worn out fast. Is there anyone you can point me to who makes templates out of a platic type material? I'd also like stitch lines cut into the template so those could easily be marked on the leather as well.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

I use a few holster patterns over and over and they get worn out fast. Is there anyone you can point me to who makes templates out of a platic type material? I'd also like stitch lines cut into the template so those could easily be marked on the leather as well.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Gray Goast Graphis..Jeff Mosby may be of help to you....

Gray Goast Graphis..Jeff Mosby may be of help to you....

I use a very sturdy white plastic that is perfect for templates. It's called FRP or Fiberglas Reinforced plastic. Most of us have been peeing on it for years. It's used as a wall panel in rest rooms and commercial kitchen areas where moisture may be a problem. It's a little over a sixteenth inch, has a pebbled side and a smooth side. I draw my pattern on it, Rough cut it out on a bandsaw and sand to the lines on a small belt sander/grinder. Cut it, drill it, sand it...do what you need to do to it. I use a sharp awl to trace around the template and then cut my leather with the confidence that it will be what I want. A 4' x 8' piece is less than $30.00 at a big box store. The templates should be good for ever if you don't abuse them. Sometimes I spray a piece of graph paper with adhesive and stick it to a piece and I have something to design a new pattern on. Cut it out and you're good to go.

I have a stamp from Grey Ghost and it seems to be well made. I just finished a pattern that I am thinking about sending him if he can make it like a craft aid with everything indented in the leather instead of raised if the holes are drilled. I have looked at his ad and like the thickness of his templates my problem is getting the pattern built in Turbo cad. Ideally I would only have to build a quarter of the pattern the flip it horizontally the flip it again vertically in this case. But I am having a hard time drawing it in turbo cad. Which by the way is the easiest of the cad programs that I have found. Adobe Ilistratator would probably be the best since I have Photoshop and can draw in it but not to scale like I can in a Cad program.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

If your patterns are under 12in/24in i can proabbaly have them done for you. Just pm me exactly what you want and will take it from there