Sign in to follow this  
Jordan

Gearing up for the Farmers Market

Couple of items I did yesterday. I just sent my photos to the jury for approval, they liked it all last year the only thing may be my holsters may not be appropriate for the venue. I certainly hope it goes well this year.

Bm1.JPG

Bb4.JPG

Bb2.JPG

Bb3.JPG

post-4868-1212548452_thumb.jpg

post-4868-1212548479_thumb.jpg

post-4868-1212548502_thumb.jpg

post-4868-1212548519_thumb.jpg

Well, you are in UT, so your religious theme should go over well there. As a long time artist at these sorts of things... and I sure hope you take no offense because it is not meant that way... you should find a bigger piece of "white stuff" to shoot your photos against. They will look far more professional than when you have your work bench or tools showing in the background. Get a sheet, or maybe a white shower curtain, and use that for your background on all your photos and I think that will make them look more "artistic"! (Personally, I found a white silk bath robe that I would *NEVER* really wear, so that my work will look nice with a silk background.) This is nice work and deserves the extra attention to detail. Why not "WOW" the jury? You can do it, so go for it!

And best of luck at your show. I believe you will get approved (although, if you don't, don't take it personally) and I really hope you do GREAT!

Jordan,

Nice stuff!    I especially like the Bible cover. Really great work.

Storm

you should find a bigger piece of "white stuff" to shoot your photos against. They will look far more professional than when you have your work bench or tools showing in the background. Get a sheet, or maybe a white shower curtain, and use that for your background on all your photos and I think that will make them look more "artistic"! (Personally, I found a white silk bath robe that I would *NEVER* really wear, so that my work will look nice with a silk background.) This is nice work and deserves the extra attention to detail. Why not "WOW" the jury? You can do it, so go for it!

Even better yet try this link. The person explains how to build what appears

to be the cheapest light box in history. I can tell you a light box will make

the photos of your work look 100 percent better.

http://www.pbase.com/wlhuber/light_box_light_tent

Oh yea nice work.

WINDY

I have a photo box but it needs some repairs. I took these tonight so they didn't go to the jury. The ones I sent had background and such. No offense taken.

Good luck at the Market. You should do well. I have to try a bible cover too sometime but maybe for another book or so.

Yeah, I think you should have no problemo being successful at the market.