Sign in to follow this  
maui paniolo

First Bosal

I just finshed my first Bosal and wanted to thank everyone here. I don't post, but I do read, and the info I have received helped me a lot. I did it in roo thanks to the posts here and saved me in rawhide because I would have been cutting it out and starting over. Thank you again, because no qustion is a stuiped question.

Toni

post-14103-018396200 1312526109_thumb.jp

post-14103-066101000 1312527368_thumb.jp

post-14103-097480900 1312527432_thumb.jp

What size is it and how many strings did you use to cover the core ??

Very nice work Toni thanks for sharing

Cheers

www.bwrwhips.com

You would never know that was your first bosal. Very nice work.

Mike

What size is it and how many strings did you use to cover the core ??

Very nice work Toni thanks for sharing

Cheers

www.bwrwhips.com

Thanks Bevan I haven't been braiding very long, and this was my thrid prodject. sorry the pics aren't so good but it hides the mistakes that way .

It is a 5/8"bosal, the core was from an old reate that I had. The tail of the rope got steped on by my horse, so I was able to cut off athe last 4 feet for the core. 16 strands to cover the core with an eight bight nose button and heel knot. Side buttons are 4 pass ring knots. I'm not sure on how long it took me, i,d work on it a while then take it apart to correct the mistakes, then work on it a whlie then take it apart then work on it........

Very nice. I still braid and take apart to correct mistakes. Keep up the good work. And, please keep posting pictures.

Wow! That is sure one nice looking bosal for your 10th or 20th one, for your first it is out of this world! :You_Rock_Emoticon:

Aloha Paniolo, your work is awesome- for the first one or it would be you 500th hackamore, there is nothing to do better i think...

this is a great art

how do you build up your nosebutton and hod did you make the foundation of your heelknot?

it looks very smooth and symetrical...

Aloha Paniolo, your work is awesome- for the first one or it would be you 500th hackamore, there is nothing to do better i think...

this is a great art

how do you build up your nosebutton and hod did you make the foundation of your heelknot?

it looks very smooth and symetrical...

Thank you

The nosebutton foundation is the way Mr. Bell does his. The heel knot I used electrical tape. Just keep adding or taking off until it looks the way I want it. Then 2 layers of masking tape. I still had a lot of trouble geting my knot to cover under the bottom. I had put a penney there to cover the bottom and it was good until I tightened the knot then came off the penny. May need to use a lager coin on the next one.

Thats a cool idea for covering the bottom, never thought to use a coin. Now i need to start looking through my change and save old coins!

Very nice. I used to put buffalo nickels in the butts of whips. You don't happen to have any information yould like to share on paniolo saddles do you? That might interest a lot of braiders.