Shooter McGavin

Ever Made One You Didnt Want To Send Out?

Any other makers here ever make something for a friend or a customer that you really wanted to keep for yourself? Every once in a while I make one that speaks to me for whatever reason. It's happened twice this past week.

One is an elephant trimmed Glock Compact pancake holster in all black. Still in progress so no pics.

The other is an IWB for the same gun. Again, nothing really fancy, I just really like it.

So I cant be the only weirdo who thinks this way. Post of pics or tell the stories of the ones you didnt want to let go of.

th_1.jpg th_2.jpg th_3-1.jpg th_4-1.jpg th_5.jpg th_6.jpg th_7.jpg

Yep, I've had several that I didn't want to let go of......but my opinion is readily swayed by cash.

Yep, a tank bib I did for a bike that was the same as mine. Funny thing is, I am not or have ever been in the Navy but it just came out so cool I was willing to overlook that fact. I did end up sending it out and the poor guy high-sided his bike, totaling it, 2 weeks later. The bib now hangs from the wall in his house, he liked it so much he pulled it from the wreck - his only memento of the bike.

th_USN_Pinup_bib_complete.jpg

Working on one right now for a Sig 1911 Tactical Operator....

I really want to keep the customers gun too hahaha :) I really need to build me a fullsize 1911 one of these days

It is good to build holsters you want to hoard. Keeps you young ;) Actually, if there's a holster I don't want, is it good enough to send out to a customer?? Want the things you build. :cheers:

Nice work.

Any other makers here ever make something for a friend or a customer that you really wanted to keep for yourself? Every once in a while I make one that speaks to me for whatever reason. It's happened twice this past week.

One is an elephant trimmed Glock Compact pancake holster in all black. Still in progress so no pics.

The other is an IWB for the same gun. Again, nothing really fancy, I just really like it.

So I cant be the only weirdo who thinks this way. Post of pics or tell the stories of the ones you didnt want to let go of.

I've not had many in the category you describe, BUT, I have had some that were made to the customer's desire/description that I didn't want to deliver because I didn't like the result. Foe example ......... this holster was made as the customer described, even though I tried to talk him into a much lighter tone to the body of the holster so that the cattle brands would show to a greater degree. I personally dislike the damned thing ...... but my customer is happy as a clam. Mike

003-7.jpg

that's a really beautiful holster. i hope to make something that nice someday.