A few new items for our gun show this weekend what do you guys think price wise?im thinking $45.00 on the belts are wallets are $30.00 minus badge that is $45.00 with badge

i would just like to get your point of view as a customer more then a leather worker we try to give a top notch product at affordable prices

solid brass buckle

we will offer this in black and in brown size 30-60

next is a little flash light holder we saw on here i wanted to make one for myself

the other is our heavey duty badge wallet with money pouch and id window 20 ml acetate

it is replaceable if window gets damaged we make this wallets for a lot of police also custom orders

are done on a weekly basis

post-22791-034396700 1314367810_thumb.jp

post-22791-007061500 1314367846_thumb.jp

post-22791-001459100 1314368125_thumb.jp

post-22791-051452600 1314368147_thumb.jp

I've been noticing a trend with small independent manufacturers (mainly in the pet industry) that the pricing for products of different sizes is ussually not the same. Example: Custom made dog collar in size xs is priced less than the same dog collar that's in the medium size. It makes sense since the smaller sizes use less materials and potentially take less time to make. I also noticed this last week at a local annual flea market where someone was selling handcrafted belts / cuffs, the larger sizes were priced slightly higher than the smaller sizes.

I don't do this personnally, b/c I'm too lazy to figure out how much each square inch of leather used will cost the end user. My prices do flucuate based on how much I paid for the leather and how many products I estimate that I will be able to make out of each section of hide. But to answer your question, I would have no problem paying $45 for the belt that you posted (if I couldn't make my own).

A few new items for our gun show this weekend what do you guys think price wise?

The belts i think are worth more then $45, but because at shows people are looking for bargains, i think they are priced right..Both products are well made , so whoever apreciate the quality will pay the money in a heart beat . Good luck !!!

I agree $45 sounds great, makes me wish I lived near your shows.

thanks very much we will have these belts done and rady to go this coming weekend at the columbus ohio gun show

our this weekend was very disapointing a very low turnout so next weekend will tell the story again thanks for looking and your comments

I think you are underpricing your beautiful work. I can't see how you can account for labor and materials at the bargain price of $45.00!

At $45, they should fly off the rack. Most, that I have seen, or sell myself, run between $65 and $125. Some run small factory type runs, whipping them out in less than half an hour. Others put up to two hours into their gun belt work. You can usually tell the quality involved in either type. Either it's the leather, or craftsmanship, or both. Then, there is the customer service involved, including warranties, returns, etc. Some people put a lot of emphasis on that. Others just look at pricing. At fairs, and flea markets, price is king. To people who depend on things for their living (soldiers, guards, etc), quality is key.

Like any other part of business, it's best to know your cutomers.

I also think you could charge quite a bit more for your work... it's great! It's a fine line between what an item is worth and what the customer is willing to pay, but if you start with a higher price tag then it gives you bargaining room depending on each customer's needs.

I think your wallets are priced about right. Your belt price is too low. Gun show enthusiasts have money to spend on quality product. If you continue to make belts that are that nice, at least make the sale price $65.

An aside: My Son-in-Law does custom carved wood grips for S&W guns. Don't know positively that he will be there but if my daughter doesn't stop him he will. LOL

"Keith Brown Grips.com" Anyone in the USA and elsewhere knows him. If you are at any of the gun tables just ask if they know him and if you can see any of his work. He does some of the finest carving on grips I have ever seen. That isn't because he is my Son-in-Law. :)

ferg

A few new items for our gun show this weekend what do you guys think price wise?im thinking $45.00 on the belts are wallets are $30.00 minus badge that is $45.00 with badge

i would just like to get your point of view as a customer more then a leather worker we try to give a top notch product at affordable prices

solid brass buckle

we will offer this in black and in brown size 30-60

next is a little flash light holder we saw on here i wanted to make one for myself

the other is our heavey duty badge wallet with money pouch and id window 20 ml acetate

it is replaceable if window gets damaged we make this wallets for a lot of police also custom orders

are done on a weekly basis

That is some mighty fine leather all around. I'd agree that your pricing your belts too low, maybe it could be your base price for the shorter length belts with a tier up.

"Keith Brown Grips.com" Anyone in the USA and elsewhere knows him. If you are at any of the gun tables just ask if they know him and if you can see any of his work. He does some of the finest carving on grips I have ever seen. That isn't because he is my Son-in-Law. :)

ferg

His work is arguably the finest around, WAY out of my price range but I dream about a carved Roper set up on a few of my Smiths.