jlaudio29

Iwb For Mk9 - Shooter Youll Want To Look At It!

Customer came to me and said he just got an MK9 and wanted a holster for it, he really love the Galco royal guard that he had for his g26 but they do not make it for the mk9.. so i made my own version for him. Lets hope he likes it

This was my first time doing an all natural holster, i had to convince the guy to do the straps in tan since they will be seen on the belt. Doing this all natural really makes me have to clean my hands a lot to keep myself from staining the leather, not perfect but it will do.

This was also my first time doing the flesh side out(customer request) it was very interesting to say the least.

Shooter Mcgavin ... youll notie something on the straps that i dont normally do!! give me time i may just learn to like the look :)

IMG_0309-1.jpg

IMG_0310-1.jpg

Very nice! I like it! Good job. I really like the natural and tan color contrast. It looks really sharp.

Looks really really good. I especially like the groove in the belt loops :evillaugh:

I'm scratching my head on how it was put together. Slide side wing stitched, then mouth reinforcement stitched on, then trigger guard side?

Very nice! I would also like to hear a little more about the assembly method.

Nice looking holster.....question...why the pancake style wing along the slide rather than just having it fold over at that area? Thanks.

Hope these photos help on how its assembled. its pretty much the same concept as the reinforced throat.

Rayban - im not sure why the wing is there, but thats what galco did so the customer wanted it to look like a galco so i made it as identical as i could.

IMG_0313.jpg

IMG_0314.jpg

IMG_0315.jpg

I edited the photos in photobucket and rotated them but for some reason when i link them its not showing the rotated pictures... sorry!

Edited by jlaudio29

For a pistol that small, for an IWB holster, it makes sense to increase the surface area of the holster a little bit.

Increases stability.

I've got a PM40. It's a tiny, TINY little pistol, and there's not much of it under the belt as is. If you were to try "Mexican carry", it'd be very much in danger of falling out.

BUMP! love this rig. Clean work kudos!! ..stealf...

Very nice holster!! I would think the front "wing" would add some stability to the small framed handgun. I think I would like to try on of those for myself to see how it carries!

Question, How are you attatching your belt loops to the holster body?? :dunno:

I am glad this was bumped up, I would have hated to miss it!!

there are two t-nuts sandwhiched inbetween the parent leather and the support leather, ill post a picture. Let me know if you need more explanation.

Thanks the compliments, the customer loves it, which makes me very happy.

IMG_0295.jpg

Great design! Thanks for the photo.

Nice work!! I need to go cut some leather!! :Lighten:

Rick

there are two t-nuts sandwhiched inbetween the parent leather and the support leather, ill post a picture. Let me know if you need more explanation.

Thanks the compliments, the customer loves it, which makes me very happy.

IMG_0295.jpg

So when you stitched the two halves together would it be safe to assume you didnt stitch them on the portion where the reenforcement is covering? From my perspective the two halves butt up to each other under the reenforcement. I would like to see how it looks if possible. Once again nice rig. It inspired my BERSA rig. Thanks ...stealf..

Looks great! What type of finish did you put on it?

very nice looking and well worth the cost and your time in making it.