Sign in to follow this  
barbiesdude

First Hackamore

Well here it is, my first bosal. 12 pl. cheeks, 24 pl. nose, 1/2" latigo. Thanks for everyones help, advice, and tips with all the questions I've been asking.

Jamie

post-17849-041785600 1320238610_thumb.jp

The bosal looking good. I have noticed that several braiders on the forum are using latigo. What thickness? do you order a side and cut strings or os there a place to order just latigo strings?? Thanks.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Sure can't tell it is your first by looking at it. Keep up the good work.

Mike

Very nice job. Congrats.

Enrique

Thanks CharlieR, I ordered a 4/6 oz side from Sheridan Outfitters. It was there Big Horn latigo. Really good to braid with. I think next time I'll order a little heavier and split down so I can still have some thicker stuff for hangers, saddle strings, and such. You can get pre cut latigo from different places but it is pricey and I can't speak as to the quality of it. I have found out that all latigo is not created equal, I had to send back a side I ordered from another supplier because it was to soft and I would be snapping strands right and left trying to get a good tight even braid. Some people on this forum sale lace they have pre-cut, you probably would have better luck from them getting better quality stuff. Happy Braiding

Jamie

The bosal looking good. I have noticed that several braiders on the forum are using latigo. What thickness? do you order a side and cut strings or os there a place to order just latigo strings?? Thanks.

Looks great! It sure is a good feeling when you get the first one done.

Tony