Chef niloc

? Bob Beard Tools?

I have some bevelers from Clay. I also had Elton Joorisity make me some stamps too. I sent him a lifter I liked the particular effect it did and wanted some other sizes, Elton did great job on them. End of last week I got some veiner/wigglers and some tunrbacks he did - good ones there too.

Is there a way to get around the waiting list for his tools? I have been on his list for over a year now so I guess he's very back ordered in work load. Ways i have thought of.

I have herd that he does shows from time to time, is there one coming up? What are his offering at these shows?

Is there a store in his town that carries his tools or does he offer some for sale right out of his shop?

Anyone here friends with him and can put in a good word for me?

I want a few of his stamps but would also like a set of swivel knives. I would think he would make the knives in bunches and have some "extras"??

I seen him at the Leather Fiesta show in Albuquerque, New Mexico in October. He had a bunch of his stamps with him and he was selling them black tools. I live about 10 miles away from him. He told me to visit him, after he saw some of my sample work. So I need to visit him.

I have to say Bob's tools are top notch and well worth the wait. I ordered a short bodied swivel knife, and a 1/4" filagree blade from him a few years ago. It took about a year to get. But I can say I have never used a better knife. I love the short design, it is so much easier to use (especially if you have shorter stubby fingers like me)than your standard knives. And the bearing mechanism is smooth. All it takes is a little oil once in a while. He is a good honest man. And fun to talk to. Just don't put any orders on hold waiting for his tools, then you'll be broke.

I ordered a 3/8 swivel knife blade from Barry King, for a Tandy Swivel Knife. His blades are longer than any other blades I have bought. So since I have a small hand, I used a old small short swivel knife from Tandy, I guess the little kid's swivel knife. But with the height of the Barry King blade, it works good for me. I changed the Angle of blade tip with the Tandy swivel knife sharpening jig, to a steeper angle, not very much, just a little bit more of an angle. After using a coarse oil stone with sharpening oil to get the all the steel off to achieve the angle that I want. Then after the shaping the new angle on the tip of the blade, I use a Dremel Rotary Tool with a small polishing felt wheel with the Green Micro Rouge from the Woodcrafters supply. Just polish the tip for a little bit, not much or your swivel knive blade will get a round tip, then you would have to resharpen the swivel knife blade again. Then after all that process, I have a business card with the Micro Green Rouge on it, then I strop. This process makes any swivel knife blade carve like it's cutting butter. Don't need to really sharpen your Swivel Knife blade as much. The Micro Green Rouge has really changed my carving.

You could always go smoke a fatty with him. Im sure it wouldnt hurt!

I would not want to smoke any crazy weed with anyone. It is not worth the trouble, if a person is caught. I would rather spend my money on a Herman Oak or Wickett and Craig leather side.

Boy this thread went down hill quick....

I know its an old thread. As I read through it, it made me laugh at times, and even wince a few.  Can anyone tell me the type of material Bob's tools are made from?  Stainless, High Carbon?  Thanks a bunch!