Jerkeejoe

Shotgun Shell Pouch And Belt

I finally got my workbench setup in my new house and made my first leather project in about 4 years (law school took up my time). I still have a bit of finishing to do on the pouch belt loop, and I need to line the belt, but I'm thinking about using this one as is for now and making a second one with some improvements based on what I learned making this one. Let me know what you think. Thanks. Joe.

SAM_2611.jpg

I finally got my workbench setup in my new house and made my first leather project in about 4 years (law school took up my time). I still have a bit of finishing to do on the pouch belt loop, and I need to line the belt, but I'm thinking about using this one as is for now and making a second one with some improvements based on what I learned making this one. Let me know what you think. Thanks. Joe.

I think it looks real nice.

SAM_2611.jpg

That is mighty fine looking Keep the photos of your work comming........

Very nice! Did you make the pattern yourself, or did you get it from somewhere?

Very nice! Did you make the pattern yourself, or did you get it from somewhere?

Thanks! I just made it up as I went. I had no clue how it would turn out, but its not bad.

I like the shape for a "loose shell" carrier. I'm not a fan of the harsh square corners on the bottom of some, although if they are to carry an actual box of shells, I suppose that's necessitate by the utility of the piece.

Anyhow, I found this thread browsing the forum for inspiration for my shell carrier. I may steal your shape, although I need to add a smaller congruent pouch to the front with a flap and partitions for choke tubes and wrench I feel. Let's see the other one if you have it made yet!

Nice job!