Sign in to follow this  
Nick69

Trigger Hook Problems

Hi all,

I have an American Bulldog and a Boxer, they are both super strong and this shows itself in broken trigger hooks on their leads.

I have been trying to find a heavy duty version so I can make them new collars and leads but am struggling.

Has anyone seen heavy duty versions for sale or know of something else I can use?

Thanks

Nick

Edited by Nick69

Hi Nick

I had that problem with my tracking line then I found lock jaw snaps that are fantastic. They come in 3/4 and 1 inch are brass unfortunately they are expensive but I've never had one fail.. I get mine from Aaron Martin Harness ( aaronmartin.com)

Debbie

Whitehorse, Yukon

Hi all,

I have an American Bulldog and a Boxer, they are both super strong and this shows itself in broken trigger hooks on their leads.

I have been trying to find a heavy duty version so I can make them new collars and leads but am struggling.

Has anyone seen heavy duty versions for sale or know of something else I can use?

Thanks

Nick

Nick, if you can't find a vendor over there and your willing to pay the additional custom fees let me know and I can post some links for the hardware suppliers that I use. Some of the vendors carry snap clips that are used for livestock, which is overkill for what I need but may suit your needs. I noticed a couple of local companies that have started using these same livestock snap clips for bully breed leads. These are not your traditional snap clips (i.e. trigger, bolt or lever) and the ones I've seen are the all brass. Good luck...

I would recommend teaching your dog not to pull. Not trying to sound like a jerk, but it's easy to do although it takes a little time and discipline. I have a pit that knows better than to pull and she walks right beside me.