Sign in to follow this  
Colt Hammerless

Iwbs For H&k P2000Sk & Sig 226

Haven't posted any pictures of my work in a long time. In fact, I've only posted pics of my first leather project (an IWB for a Colt 1903 .32 auto.) They're both IWBs, one for a SIG 226 and one for an H&K P2000SK. I finished these in January. I built them for a friend of mine who's with Customs and Border Protection in southern AZ. They issued him the H&K as his off duty piece, and didn't issue him a holster for it! On top of that, he's a lefty, so he couldn't find anything off the shelf locally. I had him try the guns in several different positions on his belt and we determined the most concealable and comfortable placement was at 8:00 to 8:30 with a 30 degree forward rake. They're constructed of 7/8oz Hermann Oak (my first time working with non-Tandy leather.) Dye is Fiebing's Mahogany (regular, not pro oil.) This was the first time I had made reinforcement pieces for the mouth. I now make them larger than I did on these. Finish is two coats of Resolene cut 50/50 with water. After a couple of days curing, I topped that with Kiwi neutral shoe polish. I don't have any pictures of the finished holsters with the guns in them, so you'll have to use your imaginations.

Colt Hammerless

th_P1010749.jpg

th_P1010781.jpg

Good Job. They look good!

Thanks buzzkiller. The weight is 7/8oz, and if I remember correctly it was a little more towards 8oz than 7oz. I did not use any inserts for the reinforcement pieces. Typically if someone uses inserts, it's used on the wraparound style (like an avenger or summer special,) or a "reinforced pancake" design like the versa max 2. Those designs allow for a band of material to wrap all the way around the mouth. There's debate over how useful a reinforcement piece is on a standard pancake such as these, with some thinking it's more for asthetics than anything else. I personally think it does add stiffness to the mouth, though not as much as on a full wraparound. You have me thinking about ways to ad a stiffner on this style though. Hmmmmmmm.....

Haystacker, I like your website. I was looking at the pics of your double mag pouch, and it looks like you dyed it tan, with brown airbrushed accents. I tried this color combo on a holster months ago and I really liked it, although I think I needed to use a darker brown. It was all for not as I had an oops, thus making my first black holster.

Colt Hammerless