post-27007-051849600 1323186774_thumb.jp

5b8q4n.jpg

35bci11.jpg

23ksqi1.jpg

jq3yu1.jpg

sv2wm0.jpg

I used this thick, very soft and very supple full grain leather:

1552syd.jpg

I designed the pattern by myself, and every assembling is glued and hanstitched (two needles, with linen thread). I added a piece of stiff (but thin!) suede around the heel, inside the mocs, to prevent this area from crushing down while walking. The size is womens 5.5US (36EUR).

Those are some fine looking Mocks......much like the Apachie Mocks........

PS. if you could draft that Mock in patterns up to mens & ladys sizes i honest beleive

you could sell the patterns......I M H O.

Edited by Luke Hatley

Thanks a lot for your comment, Luke! I feel flattered! Well, it's a very good idea and I wonder if I could do it! But I miss the knowledge to be able to draw patterns of different size from a first pattern... If you would explain, that could be great! :yes:

Phil i cannot do it either......I can only do one pair at a time.post-1906-047776600 1323402147_thumb.jpg

So, I wish someone who read this could tell us! ;)

I like a lot the mocs on your pic! What is the sole made of? Do you have other pics of the mocs you make?

So, I wish someone who read this could tell us! ;) I like a lot the mocs on your pic! What is the sole made of? Do you have other pics of the mocs you make?

Hi guys,

The easiest and _almost_ 100% working method is to draw your originall pattern in the any of graphics editor (I used either Photoshop or Illustrator - both working just fine for it) and then scale it to required size.

The rough way I was proposed by someone who has experience in garment sewing was just cut sole along its "middle lines" (vertical and horisontal) - you'll get 4 pieces, then move them apart and away from the point where these lines originally crossed. You'll get sole shape scaled pretty ok this way. But problems come with the tops: you need do the same with the them. And this is something tricky as you need constantly tracking where which part is going and how far. That gal was doing such tricks for jacket/trousers pattern almost automatically, but can't suggest anything for boots/mocs. So I went on hi-tech side :)

And in any way after scaling I would suggest to make the test boot from any of old jeans or any other fabrics which won't stretch much and try it on or at least see if everything aligned as it should.

I also was told what scaling pattern down is more prefferable than scaling it up (eg you'll most likely get something awkward by scaling kid's boot patterm into adult size).

Hope it helps :)

Very nice looking mocks, and they look to be verry comfy too :thumbsup:

Hi Suicide,

thank you for this tip!:Lighten: Certainly it may help! Following your explanation, I went to a sports store and I took some measurements on french made jazz shoes (with padded suede sole) :

2ujqtxf.jpg

I measured three pairs, in french sizes 34, 35, and 36. Here is the result:

34: 8" Long, 2 6/8 wide (on the widest part of the sole).

35: 8 3/8 L , 2 7/8 w.

36: 8 6/8 L , 3"w.

As I already knew, the difference from a size to another one is more important on length than on width. ;)

post-27007-027234000 1323517691_thumb.jp

Hi Tina,

thanks a lot for your comment! Yes, my gf enjoys these mocs! She owns several pairs of slippers for home (Isotoner, ballet slippers, etc...) but she prefers these mocs! That's why I think I'll make another pair, with two-layers soles for outdoor wearing!;)

I am wondering how the heel held out with the stiffer suede put in the heel area? Do you sew or glue it in place? I made soft sole moccasin and mukluks and the sole always get smashed - something that totally frustrates me. I have 8 children and they all want a pair but I would like to solve this problem. Thanks.

Hi! Here is a pair of ankle moccasins I made for my girlfriend:

post-27007-051849600 1323186774_thumb.jp

5b8q4n.jpg

35bci11.jpg

23ksqi1.jpg

jq3yu1.jpg

sv2wm0.jpg

I used this thick, very soft and very supple full grain leather:

1552syd.jpg

I designed the pattern by myself, and every assembling is glued and hanstitched (two needles, with linen thread). I added a piece of stiff (but thin!) suede around the heel, inside the mocs, to prevent this area from crushing down while walking. The size is womens 5.5US (36EUR).