Morchesky412

Guitar Strap

As the title says it's not finished, but i still felt like posting my progress. This is my first attempt at a guitar strap (it should be obvious) and im sure you'll be able to spot all of the flaws so far; but check back in a day or two and i should have pictures of it completely finished. Well......here it goes

IMG_0854.jpg

IMG_0855.jpg

IMG_0858.jpg

IMG_0859.jpg

IMG_0860.jpg

very nice!

I like the 3 piece look

Moe

Very nice guitar strap. Looks like you are doing a great job. Love the cross inlay. :thumbsup:

Thanks Moeg and Rohn, yeah i wanted to do something different than the traditional 1 piece carving leather guitar strap, and the cross inlay is in there because the strap is a christmas gift for my cousin who plays guitar for the church all the time, so i figured what better opportunity to inlay a cross than that. Thanks again for the kind words

Very nice! It shows you have style and class. I like the simplicity and close attention to details and design. Nice job!

Bill

Very nice.

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays

Kevin

Very nice strap! I take it you have done the stitching by hand...really nicely done. I plan to try my hand at making a strap for my son but it will not be near as nice as yours.

Again...nicely done..something to be proud of!

Very nice strap! I take it you have done the stitching by hand...really nicely done. I plan to try my hand at making a strap for my son but it will not be near as nice as yours.

Again...nicely done..something to be proud of!

First off thank you everyone for the compliments, they are greatly appreciated.

Craig, i actually used my machine for all the sewing, the chap leather is very hard to penetrate with an awl in my opinion so i figured i might as well use the machine. For the cross i didnt even use the motor, i just spun the handwheel watching where every stitch went. Also as you can see in the one photo i used tape to mark off a nice straight line to follow as i stitched on the liner. I'm sure your strap will be just as nice as mine, plus if its a gift from father to son it doesnt need to be perfect haha, it's the thought that counts. thanks again for the compliment, hope to see a strap from yourself soon!

Very nice! I have a friend in Texas who wants me to make a guitar strap for him. I've been stuck on ideas of how to make it, but this certainly looks nice!

I personally always have my clients measure their strap and make it fit only that guitar, if they want to add more wholes for strap locks I will do that as well.) I use 8.9oz leather and make them out of 1 piece almost always. Tool what the want tooled and add my own flair. I never sew anything I always use lace:) That is my preference and a family choice for 4 gens.

I think if they are one long piece it makes that strap look like it was only made for them and not a factory strap. YOUR STRAP IS VERY SWEET! AND WELL MADE!!!!!!

Very Pro! NICE WORK!