Debras Leather Floral

Roses

I've seen some absolutely beautiful work on this forum and decided to post some of the work that I do. I make these roses and sell them along with leather vases. Feel free to check out my website at debrasleatherfloral.com

post-27717-043768800 1325399219_thumb.jp

post-27717-040181900 1325399265_thumb.jp

post-27717-046938400 1325399301_thumb.jp

Lovely work. I checked out your website, I think you are under charging for your vases (so much work, so little return).

:specool:

Thanks Greybeard for the compliment and the comment about the prices. Pricing is one of the things I really struggle with. I never know how much I should charge without charging too much. Thanks for your input.

Lovely work. I checked out your website, I think you are under charging for your vases (so much work, so little return).

:specool:

Thanks Greybeard for the compliment and the comment about the prices. Pricing is one of the things I really struggle with. I never know how much I should charge without charging too much. Thanks for your input.

I would say charge what the market will bare. That being said, what you make is a unique piece of hand crafted ART! So, there is probly not pre-made market to compare with. Part of finding the right price to charge is finding the right Clientele for you to allow to purchase YOUR art work!

I would charge $25 -30 per rose and $65-120 for the Vase depending on how much time you have in to them (amount of tooling)

I would think You could probably contact your local florist and arrange some kind of consignment agreement. Or get hooked up w/ a Florist organization. They pay $55-95 for roses that are dead in a week or 2. Your leather Roses are permanent, will not wilt, rot , go bad. There are people who would pay $500 or more for a permanent display of ones love.

Your customer is not the usual walmart shopper, Your customers are ones who see value in artistic endeavors, and as such are willing to pay to own them. So you will have to find them.... Home Decorators, Florist, Art shows... etc... Do not go Bargain Basement.

my 2 cents.

Edited by Greybeard

I agree you are under charging. I make leather roses for less artistic interests and charge $20 per without the leaf tooling. Yours are much nicer than mine. Have you ever tried skiving the edges of the petals to get a little edge rolling happening?

Those are certainly beautiful works of art. I also checked out your website. You do beautiful work. I too think your prices are low. You have a very unique product there. :notworthy:

Your work is amazing!! You are definitely under priced though. You should at the very least double your prices.

These are beautiful.

Thanks for sharing.

Kevin

Thanks for the compliment Joe. I guess, until you get opinions on your work, you are kind of careful what you charge. You know how they say you are your own worst critic. :)

I agree you are under charging. I make leather roses for less artistic interests and charge $20 per without the leaf tooling. Yours are much nicer than mine. Have you ever tried skiving the edges of the petals to get a little edge rolling happening?

Thanks for the great compliment Rohn.

Those are certainly beautiful works of art. I also checked out your website. You do beautiful work. I too think your prices are low. You have a very unique product there. :notworthy:

Wow! Double my prices? That would be nice to receive that kind of payment for my work. :)

Your work is amazing!! You are definitely under priced though. You should at the very least double your prices.

Thanks Kevin!

These are beautiful.

Thanks for sharing.

Kevin

Wow, your roses are very beautiful and unique! I agree about the pricing!

I've seen some absolutely beautiful work on this forum and decided to post some of the work that I do. I make these roses and sell them along with leather vases. Feel free to check out my website at debrasleatherfloral.com

That's really very nice work. I can actually see those as a bridal bouquet... or circlet with a veil attached.

Gorgeous

Thanks for the wonderful compliment!!!

Wow, your roses are very beautiful and unique! I agree about the pricing!

Thanks Sylvia! I've been getting such wonderful feedback!

That's really very nice work. I can actually see those as a bridal bouquet... or circlet with a veil attached.

Gorgeous

Those are awesome and as has been mentioned place a higher value on your beautiful art!

Beautiful work....thanks for sharing!

Those are so cool!!! How do you do that? I have been carving for a few years now and will only carve roses for my wife (her middle name is Rose). If I could make roses like the ones you make she would probably want to put up with me for another hundred years!

Thanks so much for the wonderful compliment! I actually started by playing with paper roses and looked around the internet at different roses. I cut out a pattern and put one together and it's grown from there. :) I really enjoy making them and I have been fortunate that a lot of people like them and buy them from me. Thanks again for the wonderful compliment!

Those are so cool!!! How do you do that? I have been carving for a few years now and will only carve roses for my wife (her middle name is Rose). If I could make roses like the ones you make she would probably want to put up with me for another hundred years!