Hi!

I'm getting some round leather braid in tomorrow in the natural color and I'd like to dye it orange because I don't want to wait 6-9 weeks for them to dye it for me. I looked on the web and found orange dye but it was in a package of a lot of other colors I don't need at the moment. Does anybody have any suggestions on an alternative I could use? Like maybe wood stain or an acrylic? I'm going to use it to braid bracelets so I guess it's got to remain flexible. Oh.....I need orange like Harley orange.

Thanks!

Dano

P.S.

Pretty sure it's veggi-tanned.

Does anybody have any suggestions on an alternative I could use? Like maybe wood stain or an acrylic? I'm going to use it to braid bracelets so I guess it's got to remain flexible. Oh.....I need orange like

How about buying the yellow and red dyes (if they available separately at source) and mix them in desired proportions? You can have any orange tones and hues then...

How about buying the yellow and red dyes (if they available separately at source) and mix them in desired proportions? You can have any orange tones and hues then...

I thought about that.....I have some red dye, tried it once but it turned out almost purple when it dried up. I'll give it another chance.

Thanks for the reply!

Dano

Thanks everybody for the replies, I tried a few things on my own and none of them looked that good so I ordered some orange dye.

Dano

I used Angelus Orange on the thread and the inlay on this holster.

It turned out... Orange! :)

100_0391.jpg

I tried this with angelus spirit dyes... looked orange in the bottle, rubs, buffs off as orange... the the color of the leather is almost a burgundy-brownish color. :censored2::blink:

I tried this with angelus spirit dyes... looked orange in the bottle, rubs, buffs off as orange... the the color of the leather is almost a burgundy-brownish color. :censored2::blink:

ALL Angelus dyes are very pigment strong, you have to delute them and apply layer by layer, this way the dye also lasts soooo much longer.

I personally do not have the orange one, I mix my own orange with yellow and the smallest amount of red/pink and loads of spirit to delute the mix. I enclose a picture of a collage with loads of orange tones that I have painted with Angelus dyes...

post-5624-041397000 1330068156_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tina

ALL Angelus dyes are very pigment strong, you have to delute them and apply layer by layer, this way the dye also lasts soooo much longer.

I personally do not have the orange one, I mix my own orange with yellow and the smallest amount of red/pink and loads of spirit to delute the mix. I enclose a picture of a collage with loads of orange tones that I have painted with Angelus dyes...

I WOULD TAKE TINA'S ADVICE !!

A FEW years ago she gave advice about angelus dys. They are great, so are FIEBINGS.

YOU HAVE TO DILUTE THE DYE, AS TINA SAID...