TZHunter

Contact Cement Bottle With Brush?

Where can I find an empty bottle with a built-in brush attached to the screw-on lid. .. for spreading Contact Cement more easily? I have found the contact cement sold in a small jar with brush, but would prefer to purchase additional empty bottles/brushes, and refill with contact cement purchased in quart or gallon. Much Thanks !

I just got one from Springfield Leather although I'm sure others carry a similar bottle. The one I have is 16oz and the brush is adjustable up and down in the lid so you can set it to where you want. You can also get replacement brushes as well. Hope this helps.

Bob

http://stleather.com/

Down the left side, click "Adhesives", you can get the jar and the rubber cement. I've used it for years.

Thanks to both of you, those are exactly what I was looking for and wasn't able to locate !! Love this site.

I use paper cups and acid brushes for soldering. You learn quickly how much glue to pour into the cup, The brushes are 20 for a buck.

I am not familiar with those brushes for soldering, where can they be purchased, or can you provide a link to a picture or more info? Thanks for this inexpensive alternative also.

Oh, and in case you're about to have these other questions (or someone else is) about S-T Leather ...

I buy all of my Fiebing's spirit dyes through them. Years of painless ... no problems.

Their kidskin lining (Stock 3777) is beautiful stuff. Lots of available colors (though I always get the brown and/or black), about 1 1/2-2 oz, smooth but strong -- great lining for wallets, clutches, ;bags, other small stuff. Skins are about 5 sq ft each. I have yet to find anyone selling anything this nice for anywhere NEAR this price.

I've used their contact cement (permanent) for a long time. It's a bit cheaper than some (and WAY cheaper than Tandy's whatevertheycallit) and you CAN'T pull it apart once it's stuck down.

And last but not least, no - I don't work for them, I don't know anyone who does, and I don't get a commission for saying all this :)

Well, just by searching on Ebay, I see the type of brush that you are talking about . Where are you able to get them for 20 for a buck, or at least where's the best place you've found to get yours? Thanks!

Well, just by searching on Ebay, I see the type of brush that you are talking about . Where are you able to get them for 20 for a buck, or at least where's the best place you've found to get yours? Thanks!

I got them from the last place I worked. Bought them at cost in a box of 100. While I was at lowes yesterday I checked on the price there. $1.50 for 5. Still not to bad for disposable use when doing a couple different glue ups.

Joe,

Thanks for checking even at Lowes. . . and since leatherwork is just a hobby for me, I wouldn't need tons of these...I appreciate this inexpensive/disposable option.

fortysomething,

thanks for the HarborFreight option...that gets them down to 10 cents if I can get them without shipping...Even on Ebay price there is a lowest cost of about 15 cents/each if you buy 144.

Thanks !

I have two of those I got from Springfield Leather. We use them when we are doing serious production work making the same thing over and over and doing a lot of gluing. As production slows down (we do things that don't require constant trips to the pot), we use the screw plastic ones we got again from Springfield. For Rubber Cement (acid free paper cement) we use amber glass bottles we got once upon a moon from Best-Test, I have since seen them make plastic ones, and can't be sure they still make the glass ones.

The bottles seem a little easier to use occasionally, you can pour in a little thinner and shake them up. Not so with the Alco pot, well, I haven't tried anyway.

Art

Are the Alco teflon contact cement pots worth it over just the plastic ones?

https://www.tandylea...ature=Product_8

Where can I find an empty bottle with a built-in brush attached to the screw-on lid. .. for spreading Contact Cement more easily? I have found the contact cement sold in a small jar with brush, but would prefer to purchase additional empty bottles/brushes, and refill with contact cement purchased in quart or gallon. Much Thanks !

I thought you were looking for this:

Zack White has what you're looking for. In plastic and in glass. Get the glass bottle. It's easier to clean up.