A Few Recent Seats

Heres a few seats Ive recently completed

post-5441-014349600 1330564295_thumb.jpg

post-5441-058561300 1330564467_thumb.jpg

post-5441-070344500 1330564585_thumb.jpg

post-5441-023929500 1330564599_thumb.jpg

Edited by rickeyfro

Second seat from left reminds me of my old pair of dancing shoes...hehehee....

Good work!!

A

Then I did good bro, the guy I made this seat for always wears wingtips, they call him wingtip, so he asks for an Indian Larry seat and asks if I can do something different on the tips of the wings, colorwise, just to tie in his name. After staring at it for awhile I came up with this, I think its a lot more classy lookin.

Second seat from left reminds me of my old pair of dancing shoes...hehehee....

Good work!!

A

Edited by rickeyfro

Nice work on those. :thumbsup:

Your seats fascinate me Rickyfro. I always feel like Paul Harvey is just out of my peripheral vision range with the 'Rest of the Story.' Are all your seats commissioned first or do you make some in advance? Anyway your work is excellent. Cheryl

Your seats fascinate me Rickyfro. I always feel like Paul Harvey is just out of my peripheral vision range with the 'Rest of the Story.' Are all your seats commissioned first or do you make some in advance? Anyway your work is excellent. Cheryl

Thanks cheryl, about 75 percent of my seats are commissioned but as im sure youve found out , leatherworking is a bit addictive, so even when the pressure of keeping up with orders and deadlines does let up I find myself still tappin away. They all seem to sell and its alot more enjoyable for me to come up with the entire design. Rick

Thanks cheryl, about 75 percent of my seats are commissioned but as im sure youve found out , leatherworking is a bit addictive, so even when the pressure of keeping up with orders and deadlines does let up I find myself still tappin away. They all seem to sell and its alot more enjoyable for me to come up with the entire design. Rick

I heard that loud and clear......So can you tell me what the connection is I'm missing between the catholic church and motorcycles? LOL Salvador Dali used to always have a little man somewhere in his modern works, I guess it was supposed to be a father issue. I swear I've started looking at your seats from every angle, LOL looking for some form of, oh well whatever the catholics call that, my mind just went blank. All I can think of is stigmata and that's not it, sigh. anyway would love to hear the rest of the story when you have time. I'm working on a self-designed project today and having a blast!!!!!

I heard that loud and clear......So can you tell me what the connection is I'm missing between the catholic church and motorcycles? LOL Salvador Dali used to always have a little man somewhere in his modern works, I guess it was supposed to be a father issue. I swear I've started looking at your seats from every angle, LOL looking for some form of, oh well whatever the catholics call that, my mind just went blank. All I can think of is stigmata and that's not it, sigh. anyway would love to hear the rest of the story when you have time. I'm working on a self-designed project today and having a blast!!!!!

Not so much a direct connection with the catholic church more just iconic images, alot of the west coast choppers bikes use alotta lowrider style street art and mexican and chicano influenced art and madonnas and rosaries and the like are used alot in that style

Not so much a direct connection with the catholic church more just iconic images, alot of the west coast choppers bikes use alotta lowrider style street art and mexican and chicano influenced art and madonnas and rosaries and the like are used alot in that style

Icons, thanks, couldn't think of that to save me. Well I was hoping you'd have a long tortured tale to tell. I mean not really, I don't want you to feel tortured. This is getting worse by the second, LOL.

I live in VT. and it was primarily settled by Italians I think. (I'm not from here). And you see a lot of Madonnas in the front yards surrounded by marble, which is what the Italians worked at. Actually I have a huge marble catholic church behind me that our apts share a parking lot with. They did a lot of restorative work this summer, and it truly is a sight to behold, LOL.

I don't know anyone here with a motorcycle. You know Easterners, more apt to ride a bicycle and save the environment, fight big oil, and leap tall buildings in a single bound, LOL I hope I'm not getting myself in trouble here, I'm really just joking around not bashing anyone's cultural or geographical background. Anyway I love your seats. Cheryl

Icons, thanks, couldn't think of that to save me. Well I was hoping you'd have a long tortured tale to tell. I mean not really, I don't want you to feel tortured. This is getting worse by the second, LOL.

I live in VT. and it was primarily settled by Italians I think. (I'm not from here). And you see a lot of Madonnas in the front yards surrounded by marble, which is what the Italians worked at. Actually I have a huge marble catholic church behind me that our apts share a parking lot with. They did a lot of restorative work this summer, and it truly is a sight to behold, LOL.

I don't know anyone here with a motorcycle. You know Easterners, more apt to ride a bicycle and save the environment, fight big oil, and leap tall buildings in a single bound, LOL I hope I'm not getting myself in trouble here, I'm really just joking around not bashing anyone's cultural or geographical background. Anyway I love your seats. Cheryl

Cheryl, i grew up and spent my life in new orleans, very catholic, hows this for tortured, we have those same madonnas on the front lawns as a kid we were playing football and ran face first into the holy mother, definately left a mark. Weird too that you mention marble, i work at a monument company when im not offshore cutting marble and granite all day long

Cheryl, i grew up and spent my life in new orleans, very catholic, hows this for tortured, we have those same madonnas on the front lawns as a kid we were playing football and ran face first into the holy mother, definately left a mark. Weird too that you mention marble, i work at a monument company when im not offshore cutting marble and granite all day long

I just answered this and forgot to hit post, LOL. Maybe the blessed mother was trying to tell you something, LOL. Seriously I am not disparaging catholics, I just don't belong to an organized religion.

I loved Larry very much he was an amazing inspiration and I miss him very much! Here is a Pic of us playing one of his Block parties in 2004:) R:I:P LARRY!

post-28433-019042800 1330621950_thumb.jp

I loved Larry very much he was an amazing inspiration and I miss him very much! Here is a Pic of us playing one of his Block parties in 2004:) R:I:P LARRY!

Yeah chancey he was definately a one of a kind, only met him once and it was like hed known me his whole life

Yeah chancey he was definately a one of a kind, only met him once and it was like hed known me his whole life

It is pretty surreal, the whole thing....I make I.L stuff for people all the time, he touched people he never even met! Pretty awesome. I am about to start a belt for a Finnish biker that made a trip to NY last summer just so he could go look at where he used to work and pay a visit to some of Larry's old haunts, now I am about to make a belt for him....I will post it here after I am done so you can check it out....

I have some really cool stories about Larry, but this isn't the place for that:)

Your seats look GREAT Rickey! Keep up the good work!!!!!!!

Thanks Bro, I know what you mean, I get as many requests now for Indian Larry Memorial pieces as I did the month after the accident Cant wait to see the belt.

It is pretty surreal, the whole thing....I make I.L stuff for people all the time, he touched people he never even met! Pretty awesome. I am about to start a belt for a Finnish biker that made a trip to NY last summer just so he could go look at where he used to work and pay a visit to some of Larry's old haunts, now I am about to make a belt for him....I will post it here after I am done so you can check it out....

I have some really cool stories about Larry, but this isn't the place for that:)

Old Indians never die....

Larry will be in our hearts for ever...

I have no stories and no pictures wih me and Larry, never met him.....and I am one of these lame dudes seen him first time in the biker build off years ago....and just as many others

Something happend, when he touched our hearts...

a real genuine guy, a real honest dude a real human named Indian Larry.....yes he is and will be missed for ever.

so ya all keep them seats with his spirit comming....not for profit....not for the sake of a name....for a real icon in the world of gear heads an biker dudes!!

Thanks for the cool seats I have seen here and thanks for more to come....

remember Larry is watching us right now....

After all life is a big question mark!!

To all of u....with spirit and gasoline in ur vains..

Jimbob

Ok, now back to the bench! !!!!!

Nice thoughts Jimbob.

Old Indians never die....

Larry will be in our hearts for ever...

I have no stories and no pictures wih me and Larry, never met him.....and I am one of these lame dudes seen him first time in the biker build off years ago....and just as many others

Something happend, when he touched our hearts...

a real genuine guy, a real honest dude a real human named Indian Larry.....yes he is and will be missed for ever.

so ya all keep them seats with his spirit comming....not for profit....not for the sake of a name....for a real icon in the world of gear heads an biker dudes!!

Thanks for the cool seats I have seen here and thanks for more to come....

remember Larry is watching us right now....

After all life is a big question mark!!

To all of u....with spirit and gasoline in ur vains..

Jimbob

Ok, now back to the bench! !!!!!