I thought I started this because i saw a blue jean purse I liked. Then I thought it was a soft-sided leather bag a friend of mine has. I thought I did it so I'd have it to carry my products in on my first sales call later this month. Maybe it was all these, but I think I did it to see if i could. That and use up all my 'mistakes.' because i never throw anything away. The case is made out of a piece of leather I got for $12.50 to make rhythm beads with. But it is so soft and stretchy, I cut one strap and that was all I had patience for. The red pigskin I bought to upholster a chair seat, and it wasn't big enough. Also $12.50. Still have some left. The inside molded box I made but my top didn't work. top's becoming a checkbook holder, and the box will hold my 'In the Eye of a Horse' samples. The pocket behind it will hold a slinky sample, mine is in it but it's red so it's hard to tell. The eye on the back is a watch actually, and idea I came up with for making the glass dome part the iris but haven't gotten it worked out yet and this one isn't good enough to sell. The strap is an old martingale piece. The piece with my company etc. is actually a nice piece of leather, and wasn't a mistake, just looks like it. I was being a tad silly when i did it. The latch is off an antique suitcase that was beyond repair. The bit is just, well a bit, belongs to my horse but not using it on her. A couple of us figured it would collapse the middle, and it does but it's just too appropriate as a handle to take off. The pigskin holds folders. All that's left is trimming it and it's good to go, although I'm going to have to move the latch down more now that i added the bit. It seems like it took me forever to make, and until tonight i still didn't know if it would work like it is supposed to, but it was a lot of fun finding things around the house to use on it. Is it good enough to sell? No. Will I use it? You betcha :-) Cheryl

I like it, how many eyes will it hold?

I like it, how many eyes will it hold?

The whole bag or the molded box? rofl.gif Seriously, the molded box is 2 & 1/2 " times 8" x 6" and the yes are 2" x what? 1/16th" So busily using my calculator that comes out to, a big whole bunch!!!!

I'm glad you like it Kev, I know you had your doubts once or twice (and I had them way more but just didn't say anything :-) c