Sign in to follow this  
Spinner

Way Back When...

I was searching for a pattern I made & shared awhile back and stumbled across one of my very first posts, I believe my first post with a picture of a tooled leather piece, that I ever posted. I was kind of blown away how far I've gotten in less than 3 years but it was fun to look back at the noob me:

http://leatherworker...showtopic=17186

Kind of makes me want to go back and find that first pattern now and do a then/now comparison.

Edited by Spinner

You have definitely made huge progress. I see my first piece of work everyday......It was a notebook that I made that I still use as an idea pad. Just goes to show others that practice, practice and more practice is the best medicine for success. Plus, your wood turning isn't bad either......LOL. Just kidding!

My first day here I think I said I was a leatherworker. I need to find that post and delete it, LOL. You probably know Spinner I've focused a lot of work on horse eye pendants, and I still have the first 4 eyes I tried to draw freehand. I intend to keep them. I swear the first one looked like a deformed microbe. You're first experience carving and tooling went way better than mine, I don't even want to talk about it. Since those are 'products' mI still try and get some carving and beveling practice in every week, and I'm STILL working on a billfold for me that I did the freehand drawing (Nice) on, then just beveled it (not so much nice). I tried to hide some of it with the finish I did on it and the rest I'm ok with people seeing. Actually what WE see now I'm not sure others do but it's not really about that is it? Cheryl