cowcamp

111W155 Feed Dog Not Moving

Ok guys on the bottom drive belt wheel there is a arm that seems to be activated by a spring wich fell out when I was looking at it.

I was sewing a purse and the thread got bound up and the feed dogs stopped moving after I cleared it looking under neath at the

Gears and a piece of a spring falls out. Here's the question I'm very mechanicly knoledgeable and have. Rebuilt a post bed and tons of

Household machines but never a walking foot.

Is thi somthing I cn tackle or is it a shop issue.

If you can identify the spring's proper location, you should be able to order a replacement from one of our industrial sewing machine dealers. Perhaps that original spring even has a Singer number stamped into it.

The safety clutch kicked out & the spring that fell out goes behind the fish hook looking part of the clutch,so the way to reset it it,lay the machine back so you can look at the belt pulley,push the fish hook part towards the matching cutout part on the collar & then push the button on the bed(the one on the right)down & turn the handwheel backwards & it'll re-engage it.If it's tight you should put some oil around the hook & rock the handwheel back & forth to get it released.

Bob