OK Allen. I don't know any other way to do it from what you told me. I cut every single one of those new marks before I enlarged the 'dip' for the paint with my stylus. It's going to be a witch to paint, almost will take a stencil dab and then wipe with a sponge. Then resit, and do the other colors. And it goes from red to orange to yellow to white. But I'm not in a hurry.

here's some I've done recently.

Custom Randie bracelet: swivel Knife, Beveler, modeling spoon and dye.

Custom Drakin Flask: Beveler, backgrounder ,modeling spoon and dye.

Dragon flask: swivel Knife, backgrounder, Beveler, modeling spoon and seeder.

and my deathly hallows Bracelet: swivel Knife, Beveler, modeling spoon and dye.

post-12848-069647900 1337212388_thumb.jp

post-12848-069278600 1337212481_thumb.jp

post-12848-082033100 1337212491_thumb.jp

post-12848-026489700 1337212532_thumb.jp

Found this while I was looking at dragon pictures hoping for inspiration to strike..

Added to my things to make when I get good enough list... :)

I've still no ideas for the challenge though..

Hi Dom... LOL I didn't even see the link before.. just the picture. That is the coolest thing ever! When I saw the picture I thought it was one of those resin sculpture like things. Now I see that it's actually a case with a moulded leather dragon on top. Very cool.

Well Sylvia I came to see who you were writing so I could figure out who I missed, followed the link you posted and how very, very cool. I think I'll wait a while before I try one of those :-)

This is such a cool challenge and I love working on my dragon. It's teaching me patience and that not all projects are finished in a day, two at the most. Trying to do these scales, and lava, etc. from looking at a picture is hard, plus trying to do what I thought Allen meant. Only one thing worries me now that I've committed to and following a certain style of doing the details, COLORING the details. head_hurts_kr.gifPicture didn't scan well but I think it's clear enough for people to give me suggestions while I still have time to take them.

Here is my submission. I used a beveler, pear shader, and a modeller. 4/5 oz leather going to be a wallet.

post-16367-094527000 1337440138_thumb.jp

I added color a couple days ago to test a color theme. I used a silver sharpie and green, red and orange sharpies and a dark blue fine sharpie.

It turns out the silver sharpie works great! It is flexible and doesn't seem to want to flake off.

hmmm weird that the icon is black but go ahead and click it to see the picture.

Edited by Sylvia

I wish I had some sharpies or SOMETHING for when I start to color mine. By the time I use paint to do this I may have to be hospitalized for a very long time, LOL. I know I picked this one and design not only because it appealed to me but to keep stretching and reaching beyond my comfort level, but I may have over-reached myself finally.

Yours and JayJay's turned out really well.

If you have a Walgreen's near you that is where I got most of my sharpies in kits. The silver and gold ones usually come in 2 packs. My BIC permanent markers came from Riteaid.

If you watch for the rebates and coupons sometimes you can get a whole set for a couple dollars. (after coupons and rebates) And sometimes they are free. In fact along about July-August we should see some great deals on school supplies... then again in January. I think Bic or Sharpie have great coupons available...during that time.

I think I'm going to do the whole thing in red/orange then go over the big parts with their colors. Hell Sylvia, I may just antique it, LOL.

Here is my latest piece I did today and tools are in picture post-31111-054473300 1337635034_thumb.jppost-31111-058690700 1337635040_thumb.jppost-31111-038470800 1337635041_thumb.jppost-31111-021722500 1337635003_thumb.jp

Very cool....I've decided mine might be done about July :-) Cheryl

Ever notice how the most simple looking image turns out to be a PITA to actually carve?

LOL, uh no, if I paid attention to stuff like that, you know, the important things in LW, I wouldn't keep making these mistakes. But I haven't given up on it, just doing my usual 3 projects at once so when I need drying time, or just a break I ca n switch. Actually I just put the bridle up for tonight, maybe I'll get my little fire spitter up and get the last wing done so I can figure out how to mess up the coloring part :-)

okay so here is the last piece dyed

post-31111-047342000 1337821523_thumb.jp

6 days left on the May Challenge:)

In June: Twin Oaks will be returning to take over.

Thanks to everyone who participated in the last 5 months challenges and enjoy your Summer!

I am headed off for Tour at the end of next month, so I will not be around so much, but I will be stopping in from time to time.

Talk to y'all soon!

Chancey

Edited by chancey77

So, um....what are you saying?

Do a dragon quick to get back in shape and then stay up nights thinking of a June challenge...easy stuff :-) Cheryl

OK, the carving is finally done and now I just have to decide if I'm actually color it like the picture or get lazy and antique it or something like that. It;s for me so I tend to get lazier on those things but I think I'm worth doing a complete job on this, maybe. Cheryl

Do a dragon quick to get back in shape and then stay up nights thinking of a June challenge...easy stuff :-) Cheryl

thank goodness for a 3 day weekend!!!

LOL I think he wants you to take over again, Twin.

where are you touring?

where are you touring?

Right now coming up is the Scandanavian tour late June-Aug and Sept. dates in Sweden,Norway.

We will see what shapes up for the US tour in the late Fall.

Edited by chancey77

Isn't it nice to be back Mike :-) We don't let grass grow under your feet around here. I think it was his welcome home to you!!!! Cheryl

I can't believe I finished it. But it's as done as it's going to get. I used a stylus, beveler, swivel knife and a pear shader.