Tandy "pebble" background tool.

pete

Tandy "pebble" background tool.

pete

Tank's Pete:thumbsup:

Hy mates

I've a question?

Which tool has been used for this

Get the Pro-Tools version from Springfield Leather instead of the Tandy one. The impressions are much sharper and look cleaner. The Tandy version is more of a amoebae pattern versus the SLC actual pebble pattern. On the SLC website: (http://springfieldleather.com) the part numbers for the 3 different sizes are: PA003, PA004 and PA005. I also bought half a dozen of the PA004 and then ground custom profiles with a bench grinder/polisher to be able to get into more places with them, work great. ~Chris

Tandy:

post-10543-038893200 1337029520_thumb.jp

Springfield:

post-10543-006897500 1337029525_thumb.jp

Get the Pro-Tools version from Springfield Leather instead of the Tandy one. The impressions are much sharper and look cleaner. The Tandy version is more of a amoebae pattern versus the SLC actual pebble pattern. On the SLC website: (http://springfieldleather.com) the part numbers for the 3 different sizes are: PA003, PA004 and PA005. I also bought half a dozen of the PA004 and then ground custom profiles with a bench grinder/polisher to be able to get into more places with them, work great. ~Chris

Definitely agree on that one. Plus, they're a lot more comfortable to hold in my hand compared to the other Tandy tools I have. the SLC tools I bought are more like a Sharpie in thickness compared to Tandy's little pencil.

Hey Spinner, that's not tandy's pebble backgrounder. That's one of the E294 matting stamps.

Tandy's pebble matting tools are M88* check the link below.

http://www.tandyleat...ps/6884-00.aspx

Ah, I stand corrected, thanks Jack. The impression looks better than their old ones but unless the thickened the handle I'd still stick with SLC's version.

Tank's to all

I'll try to find a toll that you've suggested me ,,,,,,,,but in Italy there aren't so many dealer for leatherwork.

Ivan

Tank's to all

I'll try to find a toll that you've suggested me ,,,,,,,,but in Italy there aren't so many dealer for leatherwork.

Ivan

The shipping may be hurt, but I'm pretty sure Springfield will be willing to ship to you.

This dood ships worldwide - they do have some "buy it now" ones, price is a bit steep but may be an option. (all ebay links)

Large

Small

Medium

Just a thought,

Kevin

The shipping may be hurt, but I'm pretty sure Springfield will be willing to ship to you.

right cyber

P.S. I like your bike:specool:

This dood ships worldwide - they do have some "buy it now" ones, price is a bit steep but may be an option. (all ebay links)

Large

Small

Medium

Just a thought,

Kevin

Thanks a lot

Ivan

wherever you get them, I'd try to get the full set if at all possible. Makes it really nice for getting into different areas or doing larger areas quicker.

I like your bike too :bike:

I believe Christians (Xianleather) pebble tool is probably from Bob Beard going by what he has said about it previously they leave a much better impression than the ones from Springfield or Tandy. Bob's tools are more expensive and take awhile to get however, I've got the Springfield set and they are okay the smallest one of mine works the best.

Clair

post-28277-006222000 1340976644_thumb.jp

I believe Christians (Xianleather) pebble tool is probably from Bob Beard going by what he has said about it previously they leave a much better impression than the ones from Springfield or Tandy. Bob's tools are more expensive and take awhile to get however, I've got the Springfield set and they are okay the smallest one of mine works the best.

Clair

Hy Clair

You're right it's a Christians (Xianleather) seat

I've sorted out with this tool