DoubleC

New Project On My 15-91

I decided to pick a thread that would 'pop.' Although this sewing went better, I should have picked a thread that would hide :-) This thing is so fast that I still can 't control it because the feed dogs move instead of you feeding the material, but I swear I love it. I still look everyday on eBay because i want to buy one in a bent wood for a mentoring I have coming up (OK, actually I want to buy all of them; Singers are addictive. Anyway I use #30 thread, and a regular needle and you can see it chewed right through this bison and suede. I'm thinking about double loop lacing the checkbook but I may save my roo for another project since I'm making this for me, and just let ole Lucky sew the guts in after I glue the suede to the cover.

hi,

i used a $50.00 singer 15-91 for the last 6 years to make deerskin , elkhide , buffalo hide and up to 20 uunces of veg. tanned leather items and it can be done.

if you want to email me at goofy1@msn.com i can send you some pics of what i have made and how i did it without spending a lot of time on this forum and it would easier for me to do this by email

i took some of my profits and bought a new cobra 4 about 3 months ago if that perks your interest.

ron

thank you for your kind offer. Mine was $54.00 but $29.00 of that was shipping. I have already sewn leather on it, I know what the little bulldog will do, or part of it's potential. I'm not sure I'll ever want to move up unless I suddenly change my whole life and areas of interest and start making logging collars for Belgiums :-) Love to see a pic of yours. cheryl

LOL, I don't have a handle on anything other than knowing what the machine will do if I ever learn how to control it :-)

Hi Ya'll! I just got a Singer 15-91 and I HOPE I didn't make a mistake..

I'm wanting to sew some bags and such, but I just had it serviced, its in great working condition, and I have a leather needle on it. But for the life of me I can't get what I THINK is the tension right..

The top/needle stitching looks great, the bottom/bobbin stitching looks horrible and loose.. I've tried adjusting the tension to no end.. All the way tight for the needle and bobbin.. Then all the way loose for both.. and to no real effect.. I even tried to roughly match the tension of the needle and bobbin, and still nothing..

Any help is much appreciated..

Thanks

Todd

Todd the only thing I can suggest is making your top tension stronger than your bottom so it will pull the bobbin thread into the center of what you're sewing. I would probably take it to where you had it serviced and let them work it out for you if that doesn't work. I've had mine 'nest' on the bottom but a little tension adjustment always took care of it. Cheryl

Hmm, good idea.. Ok let me go try that.. I have noticed the needle tension doesn't really get that strong.. Hmm I wonder.. Ok, let me go try!

Shoot.. its even doing it with just canvas.. yep I'm taking it back to the shop.. shoot