particle

Question About Servo Motors

Is the light sensitive control how all these servo motors control the speed via the foot peddle? Specifically is this what i would get if purchasing a CB227R or Techsew 2700....or is this a issue only with the motors Cobra use?

when i received my cobra it was way out of time ,, steve walked me through timing it. took a little trial and error to get it right . mine doesnt have much variation in speed with the pedal , but i dont sew fast either. like you i was sewing on a tippmann. i was comfortable with a little more speed. hope you find a answer . i sew at around 600 rpm on holsters. little higher on belts i am sure steve will help you

How do you adjust it to 600 RPM? I'm using the S3 setting of 4 to sew my holsters and belts, but don't know what RPM that is.

Is the light sensitive control how all these servo motors control the speed via the foot peddle? Specifically is this what i would get if purchasing a CB227R or Techsew 2700....or is this a issue only with the motors Cobra use?

Never heard of this light sensitive control issue before, though I can't speak for other motors because not all are the same!

Ron

1338076777[/url]' post='249803']

Never heard of this light sensitive control issue before, though I can't speak for other motors because not all are the same!

Ron

Thanks for the response!

Mike

I have a motor that's visually identical to the one under discussion here. It's a different brand, and attached to a garment sewing machine. It's not as sesnitive as this one seems to be, but it's a bit more touchy than I'd like it to be. I suspect it's just a crappy design, or the wrong optical sensor used.

I found that adding a piece of paper (taped to the moving light blocker) could help do the trick. ... you can desensitize the servo pretty much to your liking!

Dave--Thanks SO MUCH for this post. It set in motion a chain of events that lead to the taming of the 'ramp-up' speed on my SewQuiet 5000 servo motor, thanks to Larry at Southwestern Florida Holsters who spread the word.

Larry posted a 'how-to' on his website. I now have speed control from "1" to the maximum programmed speed OVER THE FULL RANGE OF MY SPEED CONTROL ARM, not just that first 1/4" of travel. I did it a little differently, using an opaque piece of plastic cut into a shape that gradually blocks out the light over the full travel of the control arm, but the principle is the same. (details at the end of this thread on hotrodders.com).

...and now the circle is complete!

Again, thanks a million!!

--Mark