Sign in to follow this  
wolvenstien

Ben Hamilton Memorial Scholarship Fund Fund raiser

A very good friend died in a motorcycle accident a while back and his family and friends got together and formed a memorial scholarship fund at the collage he was going to when he passed. In order to help fund that scholarship, we decided to create an annual fund raiser in the form of a poker run. I am the one that has been left with the responsibility of organizing this yearly event. So I am coming to you, my fellow leatherworkers, to ask if you can help me...... Anything you might have that you think would make a nice addition to the raffle or auction tables or even as a door prize would be much appreciated.

We (I) have not set a date for this years Run, but it will be towards the end of May into the beginning of June. If you have something, it doesnt matter, a nicknack, something leather, motorcycle related or not, whatever that you would like to donate, please contact me and I will give you the details of where to send it to.

Thanks

Mike

bens_back_2_001_cropped.jpg

post-834-1200600483_thumb.jpg

Thanks for welcoming me to the board!

I would like to donate something for your Ben Hamilton Memorial Scholarship Fund Fundraiser. Let me know the best way to proceed - if you want to wait until you've set a date, I can send it closer to the date so you don't have to store it until then. I'm very sorry to hear about your friend. I also lost a dear friend in a motorcycle accident. I think it's awesome that you're organizing this event.

Tammy

Thank you Tammy.

I will send you a PM.

Hey Bro,

I got a brand new set of crash bar/ saddle bag bar bags that you can have!

crashbarbags.jpg

PM me your address and I'll get them shipped out if you want them!

Way too cool Froggy! You have PM.

Way too cool Froggy! You have PM.

Got it! I'll ship em out to ya on Friday.

About the other THING, I'll let ya know!

Froggy, Your package showed up today! Thank you so very much! This is a very cool set of items to add to the auction/raffle. I havent opened the box yet, I figure i will leave it on the shelf where it is sealed until the day of the Event.

Again, Thank you very much.

Mike

Froggy, Your package showed up today! Thank you so very much! This is a very cool set of items to add to the auction/raffle. I havent opened the box yet, I figure i will leave it on the shelf where it is sealed until the day of the Event.

Again, Thank you very much.

Mike

No worries Mike! Glad to be of assistance. Besides, isn't that what people should do, help when they can?

I truely hope this event is a barn burner. I have contributed and even organized many charity events, and all I can say is it will make all involved better for their effort. So if you don't hear it enough, Thank you for doing your part!

Froggy, Tammy,

I still have both the items you sent me. This thing has turned into such a mess. I was designated to organize the poker run, then i was pulled off it because they decided to merge this one with another one that was being put on by a local MC who were doing one for a class mate of Bens. It was scheduled for September the 6th.... Then I was told about 2 weeks ago that we were not going to do it with the other, we were going to do it on our own....

Well, as it turns out, I have been able to put together a very nice route for the run, but there is no way I can get businesses to pitch in this late in the game to make this a viable poker run, much less the advertising.... So what we have decided to do is just have a Memorial ride with an auction at the end. This way we can still try to gather some money for the scholarship fund. We havent decided as yet if we are going to charge or ask for donations to be on the ride itself.... but everything else for a Memorial Ride has been set up. We are still going to do it on the 6th, but it will be on our own.

We thank you both for your donations, and I will post back what they fetched.

Anyone else out there have anything you would like to donate to the cause.... Post back here or PM me and I will give you the address to send it to.

Thanks again,

Wolvie