Sign in to follow this  
Sylvia

Another Great Find...

Some of you saw the thread on Mauls and Mallets recently. I ended up purchasing my Barry King and I LOVE it. In the process of searching for something I could afford and use without much trouble I found a small company from Texas called W rising. http://www.wrising.com.'>http://www.wrising.com.

It was finding them that raised most of my questions about rawhide, nylon, poly headed mallets and mauls. Anyway after I ordered my BK maul... I went ahead and bought a simple 11oz mallet from Wrising.com and for good measure I got a craftool 3D wolf track stamp. I must lead a charmed or blessed life... it is the only explanation. This week alone I've received 2 surprise gifts from different leather vendors, which they included in my orders. And an anonymous person surprised me by paying for my membership at Jamplay for a year. ($139)

Anyway, I thought I would share what arrived today. Not only did I get my 11oz mallet and 3D stamp... but they included the cutest little 2oz mallet (a $5 value) as a gift. I know most of you would go "Huh? She's excited about a itty bitty mallet?" To that I say, "Yep"... and I'll use it too when I get back to some wire jewelry making.

So if you are struggling under the limitations of a tight budget but want something better than your wooden thumb smasher mallet and can't afford an Al Stohlman or Barry King... or Bearman Maul... I recommend the folks at http://www.wrising.com They are running a special right now too!

Check them out and be sure to say "Sylvia" sent you.

Here's a picture of my goodies I got this week including my two gifts.

Nice Sylvia, and aren't vendors like that a pleasure to do business with? Your poly looks almost exactly like the one my friend is letting me use. I think the free mallet is adorable and of course you can use.

Yeah seems to me everyone runs their sales at the end of the month :-( But since I have that mallet I don't care. I'm glad you got you some nice stuff. Cheryl

Some of you saw the thread on Mauls and Mallets recently. I ended up purchasing my Barry King and I LOVE it. In the process of searching for something I could afford and use without much trouble I found a small company from Texas called W rising. http://www.wrising.com.

It was finding them that raised most of my questions about rawhide, nylon, poly headed mallets and mauls. Anyway after I ordered my BK maul... I went ahead and bought a simple 11oz mallet from Wrising.com and for good measure I got a craftool 3D wolf track stamp. I must lead a charmed or blessed life... it is the only explanation. This week alone I've received 2 surprise gifts from different leather vendors, which they included in my orders. And an anonymous person surprised me by paying for my membership at Jamplay for a year. ($139)

Anyway, I thought I would share what arrived today. Not only did I get my 11oz mallet and 3D stamp... but they included the cutest little 2oz mallet (a $5 value) as a gift. I know most of you would go "Huh? She's excited about a itty bitty mallet?" To that I say, "Yep"... and I'll use it too when I get back to some wire jewelry making.

So if you are struggling under the limitations of a tight budget but want something better than your wooden thumb smasher mallet and can't afford an Al Stohlman or Barry King... or Bearman Maul... I recommend the folks at http://www.wrising.com They are running a special right now too!

Check them out and be sure to say "Sylvia" sent you.

Here's a picture of my goodies I got this week including my two gifts.

Ok I bought a rawhide maul from them and told them you send me. Do I win a prize? :yes:

Ok I bought a rawhide maul from them and told them you send me. Do I win a prize? :yes:

:) I think great customer service and decent pricing is prize enough. I get nothing from this except knowing that you get a great deal and they can get some new customers.

I'm still eyeballing that $49.99 3lb maul. lol

Nice Sylvia, and aren't vendors like that a pleasure to do business with? Your poly looks almost exactly like the one my friend is letting me use. I think the free mallet is adorable and of course you can use.

Yeah seems to me everyone runs their sales at the end of the month :-( But since I have that mallet I don't care. I'm glad you got you some nice stuff. Cheryl

Cheryl:

I have the philosophy of ask for layaway when ever I can. Or at least ask to put one aside and get the sale price when the check comes.

I figure all they can do is say "No."

Syl