DJ1935

Woven Leather Chair

Can anyone help with this problem? I have a customer wanting some wooden framed chairs covered with woven leather. Problem is he doesnt want to see any fixing of the leather on the back of the chair - no visible nails, tacks etc. Ok, I can fix one side to the front of the wood and wrap the leather over it to the other side but how does one fix that side - bearing in mind you have to keep the leather strap tight as well? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

DJ

DO YOU HAVE ANY PICTURES OF THE CHAIR?

I do have an idea, but it would help to see a picture of the chair and if it is possible to detach one side of it.

Are you planning to actually weave with weft and warp? Or are you thinking of making a lattice like one would a cherry pie?

If you go with a real weave, it would be easier.

Hi, thank you. Currently the chair is in the 'development' stage. I dont have any photos but can tell you it has an oval shaped wooden side frame - bit like a rocking chair - with bars running across top, centre and bottom. The chairs will come to our shop made up -ie glued and dowelled together. They wont be able to be pulled apart.

The weave will be in 2 inch strips of leather running top to bottom then interwoven left to right.

Hope this makes sense?

DJ