TomG

Looking For Double Prong Buckle

I am at the end of my wits looking for this. It is a double prong, roller buckle and is used on watch bands. I can find the entire band premade, but I'm doing a custom band to replace my customer's old, broken one.

His original had the buckle but it's pretty worn.

It is for a 1-1/2" strap, but the depth is only about 7/8". I found some 1-1/2" double prong roller buckles and ordered 5, but they just came in today and they are way too long and the prongs are huge. OK for a belt, but not usable on a wrist.

Does anyone have a source for these? I have tried OTB but no luck.

Thanks

Tom

post-14889-047118900 1341024725_thumb.jp

Wow.. no responses... surprising. I did see some at some Chinese wholesale site, but I would have to order 1000 of them. Not gonna happen :eusa_naughty:.

Oh well. Back to the web search.

Tom

That is called a Sam Brown buckle mostly used on law enforcement belts. I think Weaver has them and likely Leather Factory too. Just search for it by that name...

Edit: Well, I was close....here's a link to get one but now that I see it, it's not quite the same:

www.chiefsupply.com/2928-Dutyman-Sam-Browne-Belt-Buckle.aspx

Mark

Edited by Dogface

That is called a Sam Brown buckle mostly used on law enforcement belts. I think Weaver has them and likely Leather Factory too. Just search for it by that name...

Edit: Well, I was close....here's a link to get one but now that I see it, it's not quite the same:

www.chiefsupply.com/2928-Dutyman-Sam-Browne-Belt-Buckle.aspx

Mark

Hi Dogface..

I think the problem is, that Tom wants the buckle for a watch strap, not for a belt.. The buckle you kindly found, would be a tad overkill, perhaps? ;)

Regards

Phil

Yes, it surely would. Since then, however, I was paging thru the new Weaver catalog and saw a double tongue buckle in various sizes that might do...

It is a easy job , I can do it for you .contact me : congfulee@hotmail.com