DoubleC

I Have A Shop, And Omg What A Shop It Is

I just finished moving so I could have a workshop, and OMG what a shop it is ? Took a spare room in the new apt. and it has my bench (old industrial metal desk) for tooling and cutting, a wardrobe for projects I'm working on to store in between steps, a sewing machine, an entertainment center that I lined up the hole in the back to the window for my dying and painting, an end table for molding my 'eyes' on, and a metal antique folding shelf with my electric tools on, and an antique trunk to store my leather in. And yup, can still walk through and around it from 'station to station.' And the rest of the apt. is the rest of the way, I can WALK through every room. I may faint from happiness. Pictures tomorrow, too tired today :-) Cheryl cheers.gifrockon.gifbanana.gif

LOL that's great CC....

Do I sound a little excited? LOL

savor the moment,,, and then think of how to expand rockon.gif

Chavez, I was using my bedroom in the other place, and had to take a running jump to get in bed, LOL. I really am so lucky though, I wish I could give everyone my landlord, and people ducking out of an apartment leaving that kind of stuff behind. And looking at your stuff, it sure looks like you have more room because it's so nice. Cheryl

LOL, Greystone, I am way savoring it. I need to get things put away at least before I think of where to expand to :-) Cheryl

Great to hear you have a new place, Cheryl!

If I may make a suggestion.....get some carpet pad scraps and put under the legs of the metal desk. It'll help prevent the table from resonating through the floor when you tool on it......of course, if you have a large enough chunk of granite/marble, that'll do it too.

That's great! Gratz Cheryl.

Thanks Mike and Mike. The carpet is a good Idea. I didn't think of that. I was just too excited to finally get my stuff over here. Cheryl

I live in Memphis and I'm working on a shop attached to my garage, so the garage is hot and stuffy during the summer and cold, dry and stale during the winter. Do I need to store my unworked leather inside in the air conditioning?

Congrats, by the way. I know I'm excited about my shop.

Edited by idlewilder

One guy here at a children's camp was having trouble with his leather molding being stored in a shed. I would store it inside if you have the room. Or just order what you need soon until you see how's it's going to work. I can't say for sure because mines always been inside. You might want to post that in 'how do I do that' and get more responses.

And thanks. Cheryl