Sign in to follow this  
ACarver

Juki 441

I'm planning to move to sewing machine world after around 6 years of hand sewing all kinds of horse tacks.... because of limited brands in my country there is only one option available, is the JUKI, its the only local brand I can get here... the money is not an issue at all.

my only concern that, as I read that this machine (TSC 441) is not prepared to sew thick leather because you have to change and adjust alot of things... so now I'm not sure any more, do I have to buy 441 clone from US, or is it OK to go with JUKI?

Sorry I don't recoGnize your flag...so Sorry. How could you ever go wrong with the ORIginal, not the CLONE. Just my thoughts. You will like it, I promise.. I have the CLONE. GO FOR IT! pARTS AND OPTIONS, CALL bob @ toledo.

grouphug5vj5.gif

To properly set up the machine for leather, yes, you need some parts AND you will do well to call Steve Tayrien at Cobra Sewing(leathermachineco.com) or Bob Kovar (tolindsewmach.com) as mentioned.

I don't think this is everything, but you'll need to swap the motor to a DC servo motor and probably add a speed reducer pulley. And, you'll want to modify or replace the existing presser feet. I am pretty sure that the machines come with toothed presser feet and feed dogs (set up for fabric), and the folks that set them up for leather have some specially made SMOOTH presser feet/feed dogs for the machines. For presser foot clearance, I'll defer to the experts.

You might be able to grind the originals down, but you'd also need to polish them and then adjust (if possible) to accommodate the removed metal. Better to just order the smooth feet, I'd think.

dealers who sell 441 clones will make a number of modifications to set the machine up to sew leather.

Ron

I just set my 441 machine up for leather work, just feets and the feed dog. You can buy this from the US and screw in a couple off screws.

The Juki is the real thing, the clone will do the same job and sew a bit thicker.

thanks guys, I think I'm going to get a 441 clone....