Sign in to follow this  
Josiah

Leather Balm Vs Tan Kote Or Use Both

I have been using leather balm with atom wax on my seats as that is what most people on here suggest, but it has been driving me crazy with lifting my antique and moving it around and then I struggle with getting it even again. Will tan kote work just as well? Fiebings Fantastic Finishes says they are similar and Tan Kote is used by a lot of saddlemakers, but I am wondering if there is a reason most don't use it on motorcycle seats? Also, would Tan Kote followed by Leather Balm work? Thanks for the help

Edited by Josiah

I don't have an answer, but have experienced similar frustrations. I'm going to try airbrushing the finish on next time I use it to minimize the color bleed/smearing. I applied it with a dauber over my stitching on the last journal cover I made, and that helped a lot. I just made sure not to rub a lot - tried not to go back over the wet areas until it was all dry.

I use Fiebing's Aussie conditioner. I've also used Fiebing's Snow Proof with good results, though I prefer the Aussie stuff. It has bees wax which is , imho, the best conditioner for leather.

Edited by bustedlifter