rickmenefee

205 Adler Help!

I have a 205 adler that i have been useing without a glitch. I changed motor today to a variable speed. Its like a whole new world. My problem is the stich is setting on the top side of the leather know. It appears the bobbin is not pulling the thread tight enough to pull the loop down between the leather. I am sewing 3/8 thick leather for knife sheaths. Any help ?

Sounds as tho- you need to readjust your tensions. Loosen top tension a little each time you test. If two or three changes doesn't appear to help, you will need to increase tension on the bobbin. If you do not know how to do that someone on here will help.

ferg

1345852215[/url]' post='261675']

I have a 205 adler that i have been useing without a glitch. I changed motor today to a variable speed. Its like a whole new world. My problem is the stich is setting on the top side of the leather know. It appears the bobbin is not pulling the thread tight enough to pull the loop down between the leather. I am sewing 3/8 thick leather for knife sheaths. Any help ?

Three causes come to mind:

1. The top thread is caught in a guide, post, or stud along the path to the needle.
  2. The needle is way too large for the thread combination and is making too big of a hole.
  3. The bobbin thread has slipped out from the output guide in the bobbin case and has little or no tension.

Just changing out a motor should never effect the stitch the machine was making before the switch.

Something else changed. Start w/Wiz idea and trace all the obvious.

One other thought. Do you now have the correct length drive belt? My change-over required ~1" less belt. Maybe? .. you are having a slippage problem???

Good luck, and when fixed you will love the Servo.

Kevin

a motor change or belt tension doesnt have anything to do with your thread tensions...youre looking in the wrong place...

id check my top thread back to the spool looking for a bind...you may have knocked something out of whack working on the motor