c2369zulu

Will Ghormley "frazier" 1911 Holster

Hello All,

Here is a holster I made recently from the Will Ghormley 100th Anniversary 1911 Holster pattern pack. This one is called the "Frazier". Thanks for the patterns Will!........Rory

post-22189-096769400 1347632324_thumb.jp

Nice job! I just got Will's pattern pack last week. I want to make a skirt holster for this

sport2.gif

Jake

Hello All,

Here is a holster I made recently from the Will Ghormley 100th Anniversary 1911 Holster pattern pack. This one is called the "Frazier". Thanks for the patterns Will!........Rory

Very nice indeed. I am baseing my next project off of that pattern with a few changes.

Edited by CountryTrash

Hello All,

Nicely done! I like it!

I'm tossing around the idea of doing one myself but the braiding around the edges prevents me from starting.

Did you line the holster? which leather thickness did you use? Is the braiding what they call "mexican basketweave"?

Rudi

Thanks guys.

SooperJake, thats a great looking Sig you got there! You will have to show us your holster when you complete it. I am not very good with altering or making my own holster designs.

LederRudi, Yes I did line the holster. The lining leather I ordered from Tandy and I believe it was just called "lining leather". It is really thin, but very strong. I have lined holsters, like theWill Ghormley "El Dorado" Rig, with 4-5 oz. leather as he suggests. The lacing pattern was provided with the pattern pack. I can't remember what it was called. Let me know if any more questions.

Edited by c2369zulu

Nice job, that will make you the star of the BBQ !!