Bifrost,

First off, that is an outstanding piece of work.

I hate to point it out to you, but the amount of fabric differs only in the amount of fabric between the card slots. Where you are gluing the top of one fabric piece, then gluing the bottom of the next piece, you could leave the fabric uncut and glue only once. The amount of fabric in each pocket is the same.

However, individual pockets may be more work in the beginning, the result is that if the glue fails on ONE pocket, none of the others are effected by it.

My personal preference is to make each pocket out of a single layer that is mounted to a separate panel......see Kevin King's tutorials for the how to.

Bifrost,

First off, that is an outstanding piece of work.

I hate to point it out to you, but the amount of fabric differs only in the amount of fabric between the card slots. Where you are gluing the top of one fabric piece, then gluing the bottom of the next piece, you could leave the fabric uncut and glue only once. The amount of fabric in each pocket is the same.

However, individual pockets may be more work in the beginning, the result is that if the glue fails on ONE pocket, none of the others are effected by it.

My personal preference is to make each pocket out of a single layer that is mounted to a separate panel......see Kevin King's tutorials for the how to.

I think you've explained it better, Mike.. The difference isn't in depth of material, cos all that's happening is there's some material between glued edges. ;)

I can see your point about if a glued edge fails on a seperate pocket, it will only affect that singular pocket and not it's neighbour, but I also think, that perhaps if using the strip, gluing the extra cloth will allow more strength in those areas? lol

Thanks for your input on this anyway..its certainly helped clear things.. :)

Tommy..its all swings and roundabouts as far as preference, I'm sure and I certainly don't want to take anything away from the beautiful wallet that you've produced.. At the end of the day, it really is outstanding work.. ;)

Keep it up..

Regards

Phil

Edited by Horrrk

Thanks for explaining. Now I understand. :) I need to try this sometime and se which one I like best! And don't be sorry to point things out for me, I like lerning new stuff. Sometimes I think to much about the construction that I miss one obvious solution :)

/Tommy

Instead of fabric, try using Tyvek sheet. I do not advocate going to the post office and using the Tyvek envelopes from them as they are cash strapped and sucking money from the taxpayers at an alarming rate.... sorry for the tiny rant. You can acquire sizable amounts by going by a new home construction site and looking in the dumpster or asking the foreman. Often the areas cut out of doorways and windows can be several square feet and can make dozens of wallet interiors like these. Eco friendly and free.

PS. it is generally white, but will black dye just fine. It is highly doubtful you would ever tear it EVER and it glues and sews just like regular fabric.

Hope that helps someone.

What type of glue would you recommend using for attaching the fabric pocket lining to the leather? Since the lining is not being stitched under the pockets, the glue has to hold for the life of the wallet.