Sign in to follow this  
Mike516

Dummy Gun Walther Ppk-S

I need a dummy gun to make a holster for a Walther PPK-S 380.

Don't care what color or what condition, as long as it can be used to make an accurate holster. I want to try my hand at holsters and start with one for myself and my favorite handgun.

I can pay with PayPal.

Thanks a bunch.

Mike

Edited by Mike516

Or is there anywhere that sells used dummy guns?

RMB Custom Leather (rob bennet) Rob is frequently found on the holster forum. He rents and sells blue guns. However if you have the actual gun why do you need a blue gun. if you are concerned about the finish wrap the gun in plastic wrap. Other then to draw a pattern the only thing you will need the gun for is wet molding and you only need to leave it in the holster for 10 to 15 minutes to set the shape.

I wondered about using the gun itself but I figured a dummy for 25 bucks or so is cheap enough that I wouldn't have to worry about the finish on my own gun. Maybe I'll try and wrap it like you said and just use it. Thanks for the suggestion.

I would love to help with a Bluegun but I agree with Camano ridge about using the real gun if you have it. I usually just let the real gun sit in the wet leather long enough to hand massage the leather enough to get the mold then take it out to dry.

I'm paranoid about moisture getting into the mechanism. Thank you for the input but I think I'll wrap in it in saran wrap. It's easy enough with no downside I can think of. Can't wait for the book now, but I have so many orders for other stuff I hope I can do this sooner rather than later.