Shooter McGavin

Overkill For A Glock. Cape Belt? Sad Day For A 1911

I had a customer wanting a custom ostrich rig for his Guncrafters .50GI 1911. I had this idea in my head to build a double exotic; quill ostrich and ostrich leg. I sent a friend of mine a picture of one of my pancakes for a CZ75 P07, along with images of a black ostrich leg and some brown quill ostrich, and asked her to photoshop them onto the picture of the CZ holster so I could have something to show my customer.

Here is the photo of the original holster I sent her:

czlefty.jpg

Here is what she sent back.

czlefty2.jpg

Well, the customer decided to do an ostrich inlay, but I liked the photoshop rendition so much I decided to make one for myself for my Glock 19. Ya, it's a bit fancy schmancy for a Glock, but oh well. :)

Oh ya, it is fully leather lined as well lol.

Anyway, heres a photo or two of the Ostrich Overkill Glock Holster:

g19ostcombo2Large.jpg

g19ostcombo1Large.jpg

Might go well with a Cape Buffalo belt?

IMG_5387Custom_zps0d51a629.jpg

Last but not least, a 1911 in a hybrid holster :(

hiwbprem1.jpg

hiwbprem3.jpg

Feel free to comment, question, and/or criticize. Thanks!

Oooh-la-lostrich!!

Very nicely done, Shooter.

I can't help but wonder.....how a white thread would look against the brown ostrich, while keeping the black on black.

Thanks Mike.

Was thinking along the same lines but honestly, once I get the Boss set up and running well with a spool of thread, I try not to mess with it too much :)

Looks great Shooter, really like the two exotics together... I want to try a combo myself. I just picked up a few small pieces of different types of exotic hide from Springfield to try, but they only sold the full quill ostrich by the whole hide'$... it quickly was removed from my cart LOL...

I agree a 1911 and Kydex just don't go together... Looks well done though.

All I see is red XXXXX's for the pictures.

nice holster. but i have to admit, that the CZ adds some class to it. the Glock not so.

I have a quesiton, is that two pieces of leather sewn at the seam or is it an overlay with one being sewn over the other?

Thank you

Thanks all.

Abram, the ostrich leg overlaps the quill ostrich by about 1/4" so that stitch goes through all 3 layers of material.

Hey Shooter..that is, by far, the nicest looking glock rig I have ever seen...absolutely amazing...im gonna have to try one for my G32...one question, did you roll the edges on the exotics..they look so clean?

Killer idea, Shooter!

What weight is the main holster body,?

Jake

I had to download the pictures because I keep coming back to look them... :spoton:

Haha! The back panel is a layer of 7/8 lined with some 3/4 belly glued flesh to flesh. The front panel is 7/8 turned grain side in with exotic applied to flesh side.

The outside edges of the exotics were squared off using a belt sander and dremel tool, then hit with a #1 beveler. The overlap of the ostrich leg was cut with an exacto and left untouched.

Thanks! :)

Wow! Shooter, that is gorgeous! I've never been a big fan of Ostrich quill, but that is beautiful and my have just changed my mind... Now I'm going to have to try a version of that on one of my pancakes...

-Tac