Rogueshadow

Flap Holster For Chest Or Belt Carry

Just finished a flap holster for a Sig Mosquito. The customer wanted to be able to carry it on his chest or belt when hiking/hunting, so this is what I came up with. Still need to rig the harness for chest carry, but he seemed pretty pleased with the result so far.

I wet molded the front so the back could remain flat for comfort and stability. The harness will go around the midsection and over the shoulder, to meet in the back at a ring. The extra bit at the bottom near the muzzle was meant for a couple of eyelets for tie down purposes, just haven't been out to get the right ones yet.

Feel free to critique! I'm relatively new at this (2yrs off and on), so any wisdom is appreciated!

post-20934-0-15510300-1350958302_thumb.j post-20934-0-46651000-1350958306_thumb.jpost-20934-0-42259500-1350958296_thumb.j

Cool looking, looks like it just came out of a hunting store in the 50"s....super vintage looking and very practical seems like....very clean design, fine stitching and I like the color....well done

Thanks Jimbob, I appreciate the kind words!

Nice work, Rogueshadow! Question: How do you measure for the stitches if molding only the front? Do you leave a little 'slop' in the front leather?? I've made a few holsters, but never one with a flat back panel..

I like it

Ran

I have made several holsters similar to this and I always make the patterns with a little extra material around both front and back then trim after I have the project stitched up

not sure if that is how Rogueshadow did it tho.

Thanks guys! yeah, I left a little extra on the front, trimmed down after sewing and sanded to even out the rough spots. I actually should have left more, because I got a little too close to the outer stitch line... but it all worked out ok.

I like the belt / harness idea. I have a lady who wants a holster for when she is cross country skiing. A chest rig like this should work just fine, thanks for sharing.

Here's a few pics with the harness completed and on the body.

post-20934-0-37756700-1351192373_thumb.jpost-20934-0-26493900-1351192372_thumb.jpost-20934-0-36124500-1351192370_thumb.j

Mcn, thanks, glad could help spark an idea!

Looks to be a version of the M7 military holster. Is it Right or Left hand? Nice work...

Looks like a south paw draw to me

Oh wait... what?

Edited by St8LineGunsmith

It's meant to be about center chest, right hand draw, but you can move it around wherever. Works well more to the left as cross draw too.

My eyes are seeing a right hand rig in the first picture and left in the next two.

I just realized those photos of it being worn were taken in a mirror. That could be messing with everyone's radar. :)

I think you did a really nice job on that one!

Nice rig, should be great for carry with a backpack on. I really like the Idea of only forming the front side ...

No doubt about Bad to the bone !!!!! Very well done sir !!! Good enough for any combat mission . This certainly raises the bar ! Thanks for showing us your work . Bill

I am glad to see these chest rigs making a come back.

I think the movie Tombstone helped to popularize the rig again

as well as a couple other western movies. I think it is much more

comfortable to wear and easier to draw than the

shoulder rig where the fire arm is holstered to the side under the arm.

Thanks for the kind words, much appreciated!

Good looking and stylish.