Daemonworks

Fur-Lined Cuffs

I've had a request for fur-lined cuffs. Plan is for the main body of the work to be done in vegetan, then applying the fur with glue and hand-stitching. Sound like I'm on the right track? Anything in particular I should keeping in mind?

Make sure when you glue the lining in you glue it with a little curve...don't lay the vegtan flat. Otherwise when you curve the leather closed, you'll get a wrinkle in the lining. With fur you probably won't see it, but your client will definitely feel it.

I've had a request for fur-lined cuffs. Plan is for the main body of the work to be done in vegetan, then applying the fur with glue and hand-stitching. Sound like I'm on the right track? Anything in particular I should keeping in mind?

I would suggest posting pictures when you are done!!

I'm a bit late to the party, but cuffs are what I do so I'm keen to hear what you come up with. Right now I do a lot with suede lining (see below) but I don't fold it over the top, and I think you'd have to with fur. You'd probably also have to insert another later of padding between the fur and the veg tan, both to help keep the fur from rubbing off and to make them more comfortable. What's been stopping me from venturing into fur lining is the question of how hand-stitching is going to look against the fur, if it's going to pin the hairs down funny. You might need to trim the fur shorter, which would not necessarily be a bad thing, since it would expose more of the undercoat and make them exceptionally soft, I suspect.

il_fullxfull.369995869_n03q.jpg

The fur (use short knapped sheepskin, soft and very thick) can just be glued to the inside of the finished cuff with very good contact cement. The stress will all be on the cuff itself and you will have to destroy things to get the lining out. Start with the fur too wide, glue it in (around a pipe) and trim off the overhang.

Daemonworks, I agree with electrathon. Except maybe cut the fur lining a little narrower than the width of the cuff to hide the edge. Let the fur come out and around the edge of the cuff.

Gabriel, I'm diggin the bondage cuffs. Especially the large holes with stitching. It resembles chain. I'm probably going to steal that detail. Thanks for posting. ;-)