steelhawk

Springfield Champion 1911 Question

A customer put in an order for a Springfield Champion 1911 with 4" barrel. I can use the Colt Commander for it, so he paid for the order.

Now he is asking for it to be made with a rail. I haven't started it yet. So far I haven't found a 4" 1911 with a rail.

Has anyone here made a holster for a 4" 1911 with a rail? If so, what did you use for the mold?

Customer is out of state, so real gun is not an option.

Are you saying you can't find a dummy with a rail?

Edited by immiketoo

Are you saying you can't find a dummy with a rail?

I can't find a 4" with a rail.

I made a "rail" out of a paint stick and double sided taped it on, then filled the grooves with clay. Works well enough on leather, but wouldnt be close enough on Kydex.

what he said....

I dont think it will work unless the 4 inch commander is railed all the way to the end of the dust cover...i would use wood like Shooter suggested....i had to do this for a glock with a light attached along with some sort of window breaker attachment on it....or you could always buy a picatinny rail and screw it on to a blue gun

I dont think it will work unless the 4 inch commander is railed all the way to the end of the dust cover..

it will work perfectly unless you cut it too short.... the rails are the same length on a 4" Champion length Operator and 5" Government length Operator....

and for what it's worth, a 4" 1911 is a Champion.... a 4.25" 1911 is a Commander....

There seems to be a few different styles of full size Operators. I am seeing the TRP with the full rail, the Operator with 4 "teeth", and the Operator with 3 "teeth".

Why doe sthis stuff have to be so confusing Springfield? HUH?

Thanks for the responses. So far, the paint stick is the one I will try first.