Owlflight

Looking For Ideas On Securing A Shoulder Pad

Hello all, I'm looking for ideas that won't look to goofy.

Let me explain the project first. I am making an animatronic Griffin for a friend for Cosplay. The controls for which will be in a Falconer's glove she will be wearing. The idea is for the Griffin to lay over her shoulder with paws gripping in front, and back paws hanging off in back (the tail is going to swish too) She should still be able to bend down so little kids can pet it (I'm using rabbit fur on the outside so it will be very soft.) Below, I've attached a very simple line drawing of what I have in mind for the Griffin's "perch", but now how to attach it to a person without looking to bad. The easiest method is a straight strap under the opposite arm, but the friend is, shall we say busty, and it just does not look right to have a strap there.

So, I thought I would ask here for ideas here. Btw, the Griffin, when completed, will weight at most 1.5-2 lbs, and will be secured underneath to the leather shoulder cover. I don't have to hide any wires, because I opted to use a remote control instead of wires.

Any suggestions would be great,

Thanks!

WOW what you're doing is so far out of my skill set I am having to reread it for the third time, LOL. Yet I'm thinking may be a strap with a dog snap on it to maybe go straight down to belt, maybe something like simple suspenders that hook to a D ring at the top on both sides underneath her armpit and run the straps down that way. I would run them if you use two in a V shape, wide at the top to the shoulder, then past the busty problem and then clipped on a belt loop on each side, say the two loops each side of where a zipper would be on jeans. I hope this confused reply gives you some ideas. Cheryl

I'd like to see this Griffin once it's done....cool idea.

May I suggest you make something similar to a "Shoulder Holster" strap, this way the strap that is needed to cross over to the opposite shoulder actually goes across her back and hidden from view. You could attach it to the Griffin, by making some sort of "Harness" similar to a dogs harness.

Would double face tape suffice?

Thanks for the ideas! I'll definitely post a pic of him when he's done, or a link to a video. I'll play with these ideas in cloth first to see if they will work. Oh, and Tree Reaper, I had the sticky idea with an early incarnation of the griffin. It didn't work how I wanted. If he slipped, it tended to pull the shirt with it. Thanks though!