PNgo12

How Do I Print On Leather?

How would I print on leather? I don't mean like embossing with a machine but an actual print. Like this one:

http://www.zumiez.com/volcom-sampler-a-print-black-belt.html

It's faux leather so maybe it only works for faux leather. I would imagine screen printing it on like a shirt but then I can I think the ink would just slide off. Has anybody ever done this?

I would think that it's some sort of paint such as screen printing, the ad does say "printed" so screen printing is most likely how it was done.

I've had a couple of my vests airbrushed by a friend, he uses some sort of paint that reacts to heat after it's been painted. He airbrushes it, then uses an iron to activate and seal it to the leather. It's been on there for about 1.5 years now, and still no wearing off.

Beaverslayer, . . . any possibility of finding out what kind of paint your friend uses?

I have a leather vest I have wanted to do myself, . . . but I haven't found the right kind of paint.

May God bless,

Dwight

Dwight,

I should be seeing him at the shop on Saturday, I will ask him the name brand and let you know. Maybe send me a reminder Friday night incase my old brain has a memory lapse.

I've asked a couple people that seem to have mastered the technique, and neither were willing to share how it was done.

I believe Spinner has mentioned using it as well, so he may have some other ideas.

PNgo12,

Here's a link to the paint he uses.

http://www.createxcolors.com/product/airbrushcolors/main.html

Thanks, Beaverslayer, . . .

I use a different avatar on some rifle forums, . . . Vietnam affected, . . . I wanted to do one on my leather jacket, my vest, and the spare tire cover for my Jeep.

This will give me something to look at.

May God bless,

Dwight

Here's one of the vests that he airbrushed for me using that stuff.

post-1605-0-73534400-1354851994_thumb.jp