Sylvia

Shop Apparel... What Do You Wear?

What kind of heater do you have? If it is brrrrr cold out in the shop

I don't wanna go there. I have a DeLonghi EW7707CB Oil-Filled Portable Radiator

post-15330-0-46059400-1355496545.jpg Set on the lowest setting it keeps my (12 X 24) shop warm

and only raises the electric bill $20. a month. On sale at Amazon for $50. with free shipping :thumbsup:

"turkey hiney"?....havent heard that one before... :spoton:

I think it was Jeff Foxworthy that said his wife's hiney got so cold that it was like snuggling up to a butterball turkey. That's where that comes from.

What kind of heater do you have? If it is brrrrr cold out in the shop

I don't wanna go there.

:thumbsup:

It's some Walmart thing that my hubby bought me. It does provide 360* heat but it doesn't do much in the shop. It would be better for an office space or under a desk. I think he went frugal on me and bought the cheapest one he could get. I don't know what I'll do about a heater yet. I've had one of those oil radiators before, they aren't too bad.

Just spent a couple hours in the shop in my fancy Dan insulated britches and I didn't mind the cold so much.

I really feel for you. I have Reznor natural gas heaters hanging from the ceiling in my shop, and on other out front in the retail area, they keep it plenty toasty and don't run very often.

What will you do when it's below freezing? Your cased leather will freeze as well as other liquids like glue and finishes etc.

Milwaukee makes a heated jacket that uses their batteries. It would keep your core warm which then keeps your legs and arms warm. I use a heated vest on my motorcycle and it does wonders. This doesn't help with everything else though. Before I had my shop now I often thought about setting up in the garage but this is exactly the reason I never did. I had a shop space in a room though, I often miss working at home, I've thought about setting up a small scale shop back in there to work occasionally but it would be fairly costly to buy the stuff needed a second time and besides, I wasn't out of there 15 minutes before my wife started moving stuff in there.

Also be careful of the fumes if you go with kero or propane, I used to use a torpedo heater and a kero in the garage while working and they both got pretty nasty at times. I wouldn't have been able to do that everyday. The torpedo did a good job at warming it up quick though but it sure made a lot of noise and burned up the fuel in short order. Mine didn't have a thermostat which made it very much a pita as it was always too hot or too cold and required a lot of turning on and off. If you go that route make sure you get one with a thermostat. I ended up using it to knock the chill off and the kero heater to maintain it.

Also make sure there's something on the floor between the concrete and your feet. Harbor freight has those foam tiles that go on sale pretty often.