RaeNae

Just Playing Around

Howdy folks! I made a little rose for a guild show-off of sorts. What do y'all think?

post-31361-0-90945500-1355184311_thumb.j

Looks like an interesting little project. I've seen some others here that are fancier, but fancier isn't always better. I would like to see a shot from the stem side as well.

Some of the petals have a lot of hair from the flesh side and rough cut. Need to try to get a cleaner cut edge.

All the petals have the same curve. Try cutting some with a small depression midway on the petal and see what it looks like. Are all the petal pieces the same size? It looks like they are. Try narrower petals for the center, and gradually wider as you build up the next petal layers. I remember some 55 years ago making similar roses with thin coloured foam sheets. Brings back memories.

I think you have a really good start here. A little more experimentation with petal sizes and shapes, maybe even some colour, and you will have an outstanding rose to show off, sell, etc. You can start making bouquets of long stemed roses.

And keep having fun with your roses and such.

Tom

I really like it!

Clean up the fuzzies on the flesh side with an edge beveler, but I really like the shape.

I would like to see how one of these is all put together

I wanna make something that cool some day!! YOU SUPER TALLENTED PEOPLE ARE BUMM'N MY HIGH!!!