This is a corset in progress. I've sewn a couple of traditional corsets, and this one is a bit of an engineering feat for me, in deciding which order things have to be done in since its not your traditional method of construction. I almost have the leather exterior done. I have a heavy cotton lining in black and white houndstooth, and it contains the bones and is waiting on a busk. I will stitch the lining to the exterior, and add a wide leather bias binding to the edges once the buckles are completed. This piece and the one I posted before this are going to be costume pieces for this years carnaval. I have one more corset to do, which will be a longer under bust piece out of heavier leather and using all rivet construction. Any tips for a riveted corset??

post-20872-0-47405700-1358062424_thumb.j

The only experience I have with corsets is looking at people who wear them and at the Ren Faire where the woman at the booth promised even I could have cleavage after she was done with me if I wanted to try one on. She was right, and I'll never live it down! However, considering how tight the can be, I would strongly suggest that you rivet and then line the item after construction, OR make sure your rivet heads are on the inside and polished smooth before installation. Otherwise, you piece above looks good!

That is just gorgeous !!! Agree about the rivets tho :)

wow i like it so does the miss sooo , you think you can part whit the pattern , it would help me a lot

It's made from a free pattern on burdastyle. You will just have to sew the lining completely separate from the leather exterior unlike how the directions state, and put them together last.

http://www.burdastyle.com/pattern_store/patterns/jacci-jayes-corset-pattern

That is gorgeous!!Are you gonna use metal or plastic bonings?Is the busk gonna be wood?And will it be removable, or permanent?

Thanks for posting that link!It will help me a lot!!!

For this one I'm using plastic boning, which I don't usually do, but this corset isn't meant to be cinched too tight so it shouldn't be a big deal. I will be using a steel busk though.