Ok my daughter wants a PINK dog collar with zebra stripes for her Weimaraner. I got the zebra thing figured out but just cant figure out how to get a good solid pink. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated and wanted

Kehl

A couple of users have said they liked Angelus dyes, and got pure deep colors from them. Angelus makes both a paint and a dye, but I think you'd want the dye for a dog collar as it has better penetration. http://turtlefeathers.net/text/angelus/dye.html They've suggested diluting the Angelus and applying the dilute dye in several coats until the desired shade is reached.

I have also managed to make a shocking magenta by mistake with Feibing's red dye that I had diluted with alcohol. I finally figured out that I managed to pick up a bare touch of blue into the diluted red and it turned the veg tan that color the following day. It was a brilliant red the day I applied the dye and it dried, and magenta the next.

Agreed... Dilute red with alcohol,,,,,,, LOTS of alcohol... Start at 50 parts alcohol to 1 part red spirit dye.

Here's a link to the same topic, I did post some sampe of how the Angelus pink looks in different dilutions:

http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=35975&hl=%2Bangelus+%2Bpink+%2Bdye