billymac814

What Can I Do With 200 1.5" Leather Circles.

I got enough ill probably be using them for all kinds of stuff. I nailed one to the leg of my stool to level it up the other day. No more rocking stool.

There you go!!! I could use some when I go to my favorite breakfast joint. Their tables are always wobbling on me. Must be the weight of the food throwing off the balance of the table :)

How about coasters for shot glasses =).

Haha, I like that idea.

Here is the first of the ones ill just give away with some orders. My son made it this morning. I don't know what I was thinking earlier when I thought it wouldn't lay with the keys as it clearly will be in the same direction as the keys. I did order a bunch of jump rings from OTB though so ill see if it seems better if I use the small jump ring to go through the hole and then the key ring through the jump ring. I really like the idea of a small keychain as the normal sized key chains are too big for guys and probably too big for a lot of girls too. I'd never use a big one but I would use a small one.

I may have him make some other ones up with some letter stamps and I have the free masons stamp and a few others and then some with maybe some small coin conchos and skull conchos. It won't put him through college or anything but he normally makes a few bucks here and there. He does a little better in the summer when he's in the shop all day and people see him. Its like buying school fundraiser stuff where the people buy it to be nice, not really because they need or want it. Ill post a picture of his little rack, he doesn't have much on it now as he's been a little to busy with basket ball, bowling and now baseball.

EE85E60C-FDF6-43FF-8626-798F744C9A2B-13183-00000AA10EF2F12D_zps69a5dfcc.jpg

9AF8E3D6-2585-480E-B5D4-874264991110-13183-00000AA612275F61_zps5a13aebf.jpg

It all looks great

Everything is so disposable nowadays, good to use something rather than chuck it out

As you have so many, there goes my suggestion.

I would try doing a belt... by making either two or four holes in each circle and passing a thread through make a link belt. I hope I explained myself ok.

The belt is a good idea. I've been blowing through them pretty quickly giving them away with orders. My son has made some keychains as well, here's a picture of the ones he made, the belt piece in the picture is a sample of the stamps he can put on them, I just posted the same picture on my FB page.

7FB6EEC0-FD35-4640-BBDB-FC427D494272-27846-0000170025B9E6AB_zps3343ec6a.jpg

See, those are a pretty classy use of something that would have normally been garbage. That maker's mark one is pretty slick.

I really like the small round keychains. I think more people, ecspecially guys would rather have a smaller one, the big ones you normally see are really too big I think. He's been doing a pretty good job. The conchos are a little tough getting them perfectly centered, he messed up a few and on top of that not all of them have the post centered which makes it even tougher.

I gave about 40-50 away with my stamp on it with the orders that have gone out recently. It doesn't take long to put one together, I don't go crazy on the edges, I hit them on my felt wheel with some black Yankee wax on it and that's good enough for these, I may have a minute in each one and maybe 15-20 cents each so its not bad. I don't think I'll give one away in every order but for certain customers I will. I have a feeling ill be getting a 1.5" round punch at some point to continue these.

they look really good, good idea

I,m seeing shaped leather maul handles.

I,m seeing maul handles.

I already have a maul started that I never finished, I think I started it 3 years ago. I found it easier to order a Barry king one. They would be good for that though I would think.