Crystal

10 and 12 spi stitching wheel markers

I am looking for a seller of 10 and 12 spi marking wheels or overstitchers. I think I looked in all the obvious places (for me) and have only found 5,6, and 7's.

Thanks!

Crystal

You may try bob douglas in Sheridan, 307-737-2222, he deals in older hard to find leather tools.

Thanks! I saw Bob Douglas' name mentioned in another post regarding glass slickers. I am looking for one of those, also. Appreciate the help.

Crystal

Siegals of California used to have them but I notice they are currently not stocking them. They do have pricking irons though?

abbey in the UK has them

http://www.abbeysaddlery.co.uk/product_detail.cfm?id=FA021

Barra

Edited by barra

you can get a glass slicker from Barry King as well.

Marlon

Siegals of California used to have them but I notice they are currently not stocking them. They do have pricking irons though?abbey in the UK has themhttp://www.abbeysaddlery.co.uk/product_detail.cfm?id=FA021Barra
Thank you Barra. I was pointed to Abbey Saddlery last night - they are a bit above my budget. :) The pricking irons are definitely an option. Thanks for the help!Crystal
you can get a glass slicker from Barry King as well.Marlon
Thank you, Marlon. I am hoping to see Barry King at the IFoLG in September. Crystal

Bruce Johnson has a very large selection of reasonably priced vintage Osborne, Rose, and Gomph overstitch and pricking wheels. Bruce is a nice guy and will help you choose the right tool. http://brucejohnsonleather.com/content/index.php/leather_tools_for_sale/leather-stitch-markers-stitch-groovers-and-channelers/

You can get very inexpensive overstitch wheels in the sizes you need from Craft Sha and on Amazon and eBay.

You can get some Vergez Blanchard pricking irons in those sizes on eBay. They're stupid expensive. You could have a machinist make you some for less. Abbey has Dixon pricking irons in those smaller sizes for £56. The only new pricking irons you can get in the US appear to be Osborne's in 7, 8, 9 or similar. I use those and will soon be using a vintage Osborne pricking wheel carriage with wheels in sizes you want that I got from Bruce Johnson for a good price.