benlilly1

Next Seat Design

Here is the next design for a seat I'm working on... for a guy whose grandfather was a stunt rider for a group in Holland before the war. He rode during the war as well. He died just before the family emigrated, in around '45. Not sure what the wording means. Maybe someone here can translate. It was a fun design to work.

post-19391-0-83708700-1361041148_thumb.j

Lol, I guess it does kind of look like that! This emblem was on a ring and about 3/4" in diameter so when it's magnified it's blurry as heck! I believe that the center coming down is eagles feet. He told me to do the best I could so, here it is...

I wish you had posted your sketches before you started cutting into your leather, I might been able to save you hours of squinting and guessing. Judging from the larger versions of the logo, it looks to be a single piston engine with wings.

I did some searching and found these:

This is a link to a listing for a pin that sold on ebay and the link directly to the image

The attached image was found in this forum, but the ends of the wings are clipped for some reason. It might be a metal sign of some sort.

This image isn't the biggest.

It seems they still exist, but the logo has certainly changed since then. I can't read the page, so I have no idea if they have a historical section that might yield a better image.

post-32478-0-96888900-1362336116_thumb.j

Edited by shtoink

Yes too bad, Shtoink, I guess I didn't do too good on figuring out that center section...looks like part of a motorcycle motor. I initially surfed to find more images but couldn't so I guessed. The customer is happy with it though so I guess that's what counts.

Here is the next design for a seat I'm working on... for a guy whose grandfather was a stunt rider for a group in Holland before the war. He rode during the war as well. He died just before the family emigrated, in around '45. Not sure what the wording means. Maybe someone here can translate. It was a fun design to work.

:clapping: