Hey there,

I just picked up a Taurus PT709 Slim and made my first from scratch holster for it. I made a few little errors, mainly that rivet that is off a bit. The loops are a little long, but I made them with a 2 inch belt in mind. I find it to be more comfortable than my Crossbreed holster that I spent close to $100 on for another gun. The retention is very good as well.

0220132005.jpg

0220132036.jpg

0221132223.jpg

0221132224.jpg

0221132228.jpg

Edited by SmokeCigars

I'd suggest making your loops smaller. How well does the mouth stay open under belt tension once the pistol is drawn?

Edited by SooperJake

The mouth stays stiff enough to reholster.

After wearing it yesterday, yah, I really need to change those loops. I thought it was a good idea when I made them, but I can see now that they were not.

Your design is an idea I, too, have kicked around, but thought the mouth might crush under belt tension. I guess I'll have to give it a go. Thanks!

Well, I've been wearing the holster since 9am at work today, and I can honestly say that I have forgot I was wearing it a few times. Where it sits, it hardly prints on my shirt at all.